• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Those who proved you wrong

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I don't think people were necessarily wrong to think Smith was a spud when he first came out on the scene, he really has gone out of his way to improve himself and prove the haters wrong. It's really really annoying.
See this is where I disagree with people, I think it was pretty evident from his early Test career that there was definitely something there worth persisting with. I would have dropped him after the 2010/11 Ashes with the intention of "go back to Shield, refine your game and come back and have another go in a couple of years" whereas a lot of people seemed to think he was some sort of utter joke figure who epitomised how far Australian cricket had fallen.