• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo app

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So the cricinfo app I find to be a slow and clunky piece of crap, however it is set up as a widget on my phone so I can view latest scores without unlocking my phone. Very useful when out and about, at the footy or in meetings etc.

However it has an absolutely awful setting whereby if no wickets are lost it simply lists the score and doesn't show its for zero. I just checked the latest just now and saw New Zealand had 42. My first thought was, wtf Zimbabwe bowled New Zealand out for 42.

It's an abomination, probably even worse than the way Aussies list the wickets before the runs (though that too is deplorable).

Please join me in expressing distaste for this shady practice from cricinfo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Here is evidence for you. Australia 1 all out against Sri Lanka, Burgey won't be happy.

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There should be better live score apps out there

(I use FlashScore when on the go, but it has the annoying habit of not showing wickets so it's kind of useless unless you navigate to the scoreboard)

Marius

International Debutant
Cricinfo's mobisite is also awful.

Cricinfo is so hit and miss, they have some gems but some utter dross.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo is only bearable on the full site. The mobile site is absolutely abysmal, each page takes forever to load properly and if you request to go to the full site it just redirects you back to the mobile site.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricinfo's site is very user-unfriendly these days compared to how it was 5-6 years back. In their attempt to make it mobile-friendly, they've messed up the desktop version of the site. Lots of unnecessary clicks and stuff is hard to locate on the page. Don't use their app, cricbuzz is alright for live scores etc.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cricinfo is only bearable on the full site. The mobile site is absolutely abysmal, each page takes forever to load properly and if you request to go to the full site it just redirects you back to the mobile site.
Indeed.

Trying to look up anything on statsguru is pointless.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't used it that extensively apart from following a few matches through live scores, but the live commentary and scorecards seem to be OK. Not sure about notifications, I think I've got those disabled. Ads aren't too annoying.