• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies draft vote

Vote for the 3 best teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
weldone (mostly)

1 Jeff Stollmeyer
2 Kraigg Brathwaite
3 Shivnarine Chanderpaul
4 Clive Lloyd c
5 Jermaine Blackwood
6 David Holford
7 David Murray +
8 Charlie Griffith
9 Curtly Ambrose
10 Vanburn Holder
11 Kemar Roach

The Frank Costanza Memorial XI

1. Wavell Hinds
2. Lawrence Rowe
3. Richie Richardson (c)
4. Brian Lara (vc)
5. Brendan Nash
6. Dwayne Bravo 4
7. Denesh Ramdin +
8. Winston Benjamin 3
9. Dinanath Ramnarine 5
10. Andy Roberts 2
11. Roy Gilchrist 1

mr_mister

Gordon Greenidge
Sherwin Campbell
Phil Simmons 5
Darren Bravo
Carl Hooper 6*
Gus Logie
Jeff Dujon +
Darren Sammy 4*
Pedro Collins 3
Manny Martindale 2
Joel Garner 1

Samuel_Vimes

1 Chris Gayle 6
2 Joey Carew
3 George Challenor
4 Clyde Walcott (wk)
5 Jimmy Adams
6 Clayton Lambert
7 Denis Atkinson 5
8 Norbert Phillip 4
9 Jerome Taylor 3
10 Ian Bishop 1
11 Courtney Walsh 2 (c)

jimmy101

1 Conrad Hunte
2 Bernard Julien
3 George Headley (c)
4 Larry Gomes
5 Collis King
6 Collie Smith
7 Deryck Murray (+)
8 Sylvester Clarke
9 George Francis
10 Kenneth Benjamin
11 Wayne Daniel

Camo999

WH St Hill
AF Rae
CA Davis
*Sir FMM Worrell 4
MN Samuels
KH 'Bam Bam' Weekes
+JR Murray
RA Harper 5
Sir WW Hall 1
CEH Croft 3
BP Patterson 2

AndrewB

John Holt
Andy Ganteaume
Seymour Nurse
Everton Weekes
Joe Solomon
Gerry Alexander+
John Goddard (5)
Learie Constantine* (3)
Michael Holding (1)
Tony Gray (2)
Alf Valentine (4)

a massive zebra

1. Roy Fredericks
2. Basil Williams
3. Vivian Richards (c, 5)
4. Basil Butcher
5. Alvin Kallicharran
6. Keith Arthurton
7. Keith Boyce (2)
8. Jackie Hendriks (wk)
9. Franklyn Rose (3)
10. Herman Griffith (1)
11. Lance Gibbs (4)

Prince EWS

1. Desmond Haynes
2. Daren Ganga (c)
3. Rohan Kanhai
4. Ramnaresh Sarwan
5. Clifford Roach
6. Gerry Gomez (5)
7. Ridley Jacobs (wk)
8. Malcolm Marshall (1)
9. Mervyn Dillon (2)
10. Sonny Ramadhin (4)
11. Corey Collymore (3)

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oops. My bad. Fixed.

Technically I just voted for Vimes twice, but after looking at PEWS' team it would have made my top 3 anyway. Phew!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gave Frank Constanza a vote even though I have this irrational hatred for Dwayne Bravo

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woot!

Ironically, I didn't think I'd do as well in this one as the 30K run draft, which I didn't even make the top 3...

C'mon Jimmy... you going to do the awards ceremony?... Be sure to play the New Zealand national anthem please!

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It is a great team Zinzan, I could imagine your guys trading in their maroon caps for honorary black ones.

Roberts & Gilchrist is a scary opening bowling attack to say the least. Back them up with Winston, the better Benjamin (slightly), the serviceable Bravo & the underrated Ramnarine, & your bowling is looking good. You have the twin towers in Lara & Richardson, who are clearly the key for your team, but what I like about your batting is that everyone in the top 6 averaged more than 30 with the bat at Test level and all have multiple Test centuries, which is saying quite a lot for a draft such as this. Well done on the win, Mr Costanza would be proud.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So it only seems natural to make an Asian XI draft thread next

but that leaves 3 teams left. An African XI draft would basically be a South African draft plus the Flowers and Streak, but what about an African plus New Zealand draft thread? That could be interesting

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Picking Lara or Headley, former more than the latter, was the wisest choice in this. You knew you were going to have some not-so-great names in the team, and who better to lead such a team.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is a great team Zinzan, I could imagine your guys trading in their maroon caps for honorary black ones.

Roberts & Gilchrist is a scary opening bowling attack to say the least. Back them up with Winston, the better Benjamin (slightly), the serviceable Bravo & the underrated Ramnarine, & your bowling is looking good. You have the twin towers in Lara & Richardson, who are clearly the key for your team, but what I like about your batting is that everyone in the top 6 averaged more than 30 with the bat at Test level and all have multiple Test centuries, which is saying quite a lot for a draft such as this. Well done on the win, Mr Costanza would be proud.
Top job running it.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Cheers mate. I'm still up for running the NZ version sometime soon. Maybe after the Aus & Eng drafts have finished up.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Not sure I deserved bronze with perhaps the least potent opening bowling attack in the competition and a number seven batsman with an average in the low 20s, but many thanks for the votes and congratulations to Zinzan and the esteemed guru, Cribb.

Last edited: