• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Ashwin beat Murali's 800?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
300 is happening by the end of the Australia series next year.

He has 10 test matches coming up, 5 of them against two of the weakest batting line ups in these conditions. I can see him getting 50+ in those games, which leaves him to take 30 wickets in 5 matches against England. I can see him averaging 6 per match. That shouldn't be difficult.
Evidence?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Evidence?
It's Australia he's referring to, not sure who the other team is. Afaik we play 5 against England first then 4 against Australia. The latter should be easy pickings for Ashwin and it's not a stretch to say 6wpm is achievable against England.

viriya

International Captain
It's Australia he's referring to, not sure who the other team is. Afaik we play 5 against England first then 4 against Australia. The latter should be easy pickings for Ashwin and it's not a stretch to say 6wpm is achievable against England.
He averages 7wpm at home and it's been even higher recently so 6wpm would be an underperformance.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You guys are disregarding that it is very possible for Jadeja and Mishra to run through these sides a few times this season too. Not like he is playing with junk spinners. These are two of the better ones for these conditions that he will be vying for wickets against.

viriya

International Captain
You guys are disregarding that it is very possible for Jadeja and Mishra to run through these sides a few times this season too. Not like he is playing with junk spinners. These are two of the better ones for these conditions that he will be vying for wickets against.
There is enough of a home match sample size to suggest that Ashwin will keep up his wpm.

morgieb

Bangladesh is the other team AFAIK.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India's remaining home season

5 test matches vs England

4 test matches vs Australia

1 test match vs Bangladesh

Furball thought I was referring to England as one of the weakest sides in these conditions and lost it :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure id describe him as losing it

Furball has a history with me. He waits to pounce on my posts. So I know when he quotes my post, he is just waiting for me to say one word wrong he can pick on so he can lay into me..which in other words means name calling and abuses while CW mods pretend to look the other way.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Furball has a history with me. He waits to pounce on my posts. So I know when he quotes my post, he is just waiting for me to say one word wrong he can pick on so he can lay into me..which in other words means name calling and abuses while CW mods pretend to look the other way.
That's quite the leap from a one word post.

OverratedSanity

Evidence?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali in his interview has mentioned that both Ashwin and Yasir can beat his record of 800 wickets if they can maintain their current fitness and form and have longevity.