• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current first class draft

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The main problem is time for draft and size of player pool.

I'd like the first version to start small and then late comers can join in an expansion if we get this thing underway. I don't want this dying in the draft stage.

Team managing might be an option.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
RULES

1) First come first served
2) Players selected must have played 1 first class match in seasons 2015/16 or 2016
3) 12 hours time limit
4) 16 teams: 16 players + 1 ground
5) Draft order: Third Round Reversal (explained here) with new orders following R3, R5, R7, R9
6) Play nice

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Rather than a time limit I'd go by seasons. So I'd have the rule read 'must have played a FC game since season X' flr whatever you'd like X to be.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still remember how Johnners and I picked up Tendulkar in round 5 less than a year after his retirement.

Also remember Cribb loling at people picking **** Pakistan spinners right before Yasir Shah burst onto the scene.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Here is your first random order.

Athlai (potentially joined by Flem274*)
stphndbsn
morgie
The Battlers Prince
Cabinet96
GIMH
Daemon
mr_mister
Dan
Howe_zat
NZTailender
Furball
Samuel_Vimes
Prince EWS
jimmy101
honestbharani

The circus clock starts....now.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My CWPL batting lineup had Amla, Bell, Pujara, Vijay and Rahane. Would've been ****ing ***y around 2014 or so.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fancy sticking the draft order in the OP? I was all set to rage at people just skipping the queue until I realised that the order in the OP is the order we signed up in...