• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How exciting is the upcoming test season 2016-17?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I get pretty excited around this time of the year as the test cricket season kicks and every year might feel more exciting than the previous and all that..but this season just seems to take the cake. I am so ****ing pumped. Just thinking of it makes me restless.

Plus there are just so many exciting young players in world cricket now (if not in terms of age, certainly in terms of games), who are about to establish themselves or just established themselves and looking to develop.

England-Pakistan - Ongoing

India-West Indies - Might seem a foregone conclusion but it will be interesting to see the Indian batting line up's test credentials plus Ashwin away.

Sri Lanka-Australia - Australia will most likely prevail but it will still be interesting to see Smith and Starc in SC

South Africa-New Zealand - Both teams had splendid 2014, but saw some decline in 2015. This will be the start of a packed season for both and give us an idea of how they come back from their lackluster 2015. Plus I can't wait to see Dale Steyn back in whites.

India - New Zealand - Williamson vs Ashwin

Pakistan - West Indies - Pakistan plus test cricket.Period.

South Africa - Australia - How good is this series going to be? Rabada in Australia for the first time. Can't wait.

India - England: 5 match series: India likely to prevail but far too many exciting players to watch out for.

Pakistan Australia - Pakistan plus test cricket + MCG. Period.

South Africa-Sri Lanka - This might be one sided like the SL-England series

India-Australia - 4 match series. Smith vs Kohli. Always fun to see the brats, bullies and braggers fight it out against each other.

We keep saying how closely ranked all the test teams are today and that should make for some really exciting cricket for the rest of the season. Expect India to be number 1 test team in the world by the end of it.

Post your predictions, thoughts, expectations. How do you think the rankings will shape? Which players are you most excited to see? Which players do you think will show most development?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks very promising indeed. Much needed as well, since we've had months and months of t20 stuff and while I thought the Asia cup and t20 wc were fun tournaments, it got phenomenally tedious.

adub

International Captain
I'm certainly getting the most excited for an Australia v Pakistan series since forever.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Eng/Pak has so far lived up to the hype. I`m looking forward to SL/Aus as SL are normally much better at home and Aus struggled in subcontinent recently. India/NZ has some potential but I can`t see the matches lasting longer than 3 days, unless India provide better wickets for NZ. Ind/WI and Pak/WI is a little heh.. still watch it over most LO stuff. SA/NZ is to short, 2 matches is not enough and undeserving of both teams. SA/Aus will be my highlight of the year. Followed by Pak/Aus. Rest of the end of year stuff should be pretty good as well.

Xuhaib

International Coach
BW,

You missed Pak-NZL I am looking forward to it more then Aus vs Pak, Pakistan always gets destroyed in Aus.

Daemon

That is odd.. Dont almost all countries start their tests on Thursdays to ensure Day 3 and 4 being weekends?
Why is it odd then if it's starting on a Thursday?

They should've scheduled this one for Friday anyways, WI will be done in about 8 sessions.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
All tests don't start on Thursdays though.......not in the age of back to back to tests.

England/Pakistan 2nd test is starting this Friday.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I've enjoyed that there's been a bit of a gap, it's increased the excitement and meaning around the matches to come. From the looks of things I'll thoroughly have my fill before long.
I'm very excited re. the series' in Australia this year, SA and Pakistan is juicy

Burgey

I'm excited to see the Pakistan bowling line up this summer, less so the batsmen.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
SL/Aus

1st test starts 26/7 (Tuesday)
2nd Test starts 04/08 (Thur)
3rd test starts 13/08 (Sat)

Eng/Pak

2nd test starts 22/07 (Friday)
3rd test starts 03/08 (Wednesday)
4th test starts 11/08 (Thur)