• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tour game 1 - Tour Match: West Indies Cricket Board President's XI v Indians at Basseterre, Jul 9-10, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Tour game 2 - Ind 93/3 (25.3 ov, KL Rahul 30*, RRS Cornwall 1/17) - Stumps | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Thu Jul 14 - Sat Jul 16 10:00 local (14:00 GMT | 22:00 SGT)
West Indies Cricket Board President's XI v Indians
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Thu Jul 21 - Mon Jul 25 10:00 local (14:00 GMT | 22:00 SGT)
1st Test - West Indies v India
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Sat Jul 30 - Wed Aug 3 10:00 local (15:00 GMT | 23:00 SGT)
2nd Test - West Indies v India
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Tue Aug 9 - Sat Aug 13 10:00 local (14:00 GMT | 22:00 SGT)
3rd Test - West Indies v India
Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet

Thu Aug 18 - Mon Aug 22 10:00 local (14:00 GMT | 22:00 SGT)
4th Test - West Indies v India
Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad

I hope Rahul opens but from the lineup in the nets and in this tour game it appears Dhawan will retain his spot. They may do something funky and play him ahead of Rohit but otherwise Rohit's probably going to be at 6 unless they want 5 bowlers which is unlikely. So basically the only question mark is over the 4th bowler becuase Ishant, Ashwin and Jadeja are definitely going to be playing. Could be anyone of Mishra/Yadav/Bhuv, though I feel they'll pick a quick for at least the first test. Highly doubt Shami or Thakur will play.

OverratedSanity

Ishant -Bhuvi -Yadav -Ashwin-Jadeja should be our attack if they want five bowlers.

Don't mind Dhawan retaining his spot. He's not been anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. Also, as expected, the long break after the SA series will help Rohit's selection chances massively. I have no doubt whatsoever that if this series came on the heels of SA at home, Rohit would've been told to take a break.

Ideally, our lineup should be

Dhawan
Dan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rahul
Saha
Ashwin
Jadeja
Yadav
Ishant

Bhuvi in for Rahul if they go 5 bowlers or in for Jadeja if the pitch has more help for the quicks. Rohit can **** off.

Last edited:

Daemon

Ishant -Bhuvi -Yadav -Ashwin-Jadeja should be our attack if they want five bowlers.
3rd quick isn't going to add much in the Windies. Just drop Yadav for Mishra from that to compensate for the loss in batting.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Like the anti Rohit Sharma sentiments OS.

I am not sure which team I'll back to win this. I'll probably go with West Indies. Ashwin is the biggest hope for us to win though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't want to respond to that but I will any way. West Indies have some good batsmen in Darren Bravo, Samuels, Simmons. They drew v England last season. Their players would be match ready with so much CPL before the series.

It will be new terrain for few of our batsmen like KL. Our bowlers aren't very good. It won't be as easy as you think to win a test series in West Indies.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Like the anti Rohit Sharma sentiments OS.

I am not sure which team I'll back to win this. I'll probably go with West Indies. Ashwin is the biggest hope for us to win though.
Seriously Pratters? Is the smali bug really spreading across the forum slowly? Eng fans and now Ind fans resorting to gambhiring?

It will be new terrain for few of our batsmen like KL. Our bowlers aren't very good. It won't be as easy as you think to win a test series in West Indies.
Just as hard as the last two times?

Daemon

We came here with a 2nd string side the last time and still won. Should be ez.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Let's see. I am keen to see -

a) If Kohli has corrected at least some of his issues batting wise
b) How Bhuvneshwar turns up. It's been a while since he has added a bit of pace and I would expect him to be a bit more accurate now at that improved pace. We need him to perform as Umesh and company are too incoconsistent.
c) Pujara's batting. I hope this is not another series where he is dropped initially for no reason only to come back later and make runs.

Daemon

There's just no comparison in the batting department. Half our side bats better than anyone not named Darren.

The bowling is closer but it's still much worse. Taylor's retired, Roach hasn't played a game in 3 months (though he's playing the current tour game) their spinner is going to be Bishoo or Warrican or whichever mystery chucker they've decided is going to be the next big thing.

It's a no contest, we'll have some scares and some poor batting performances, but I'll be really surprised if we drop a game.

OverratedSanity

On paper, we should win comfortably, but hey, it's overseas, you never know. And West Indies as **** as they are occasionally do play well at home.

Backing us to win 2-0. Clean sweep isn't happening.

OverratedSanity

Wait, Taylor retired? :blink:

That's actually pretty huge in the context of a home series for WI, since he usually has the potential to produce one ridiculous spell from somewhere.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Roach hasn't played a game in 3 months (though he's playing the current tour game)
He's not in the squad anyway; he got dropped. :p

The bowlers in the squad are Holder, Gabriel, Brathwaite, Cummins and Bishoo. They've also got batting allrounder Roston Chase in the squad (offies) who I think will be competing with Cummins for a spot in the eleven depending on what the pitch is like (Holder and Braithwaite could easily bat 7+8 if they wanted five proper bowlers).

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
Taylor was going to get dropped? I thought he was the only one who ever looked at least a bit threatening actually. Odd.