• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
agree with Daemon, there'll be moments when natural pessimism kicks in, but India won't drop a game is my prediction

Salamuddin

International Debutant
WIll be crazy if India pick Dhawan ahead of KL Rahul. Dhawan is a pretty mediocre player - honestly think KL Rahul has the potential to be one of the best openers the subcontinent has produced.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
The only real issues I see with this INdian side are at number 6 and 7. India clearly need an allrounder at 6 given their historical difficulties taking 20 wickts. JUst not sure ifeither Binny or Jadeja is the answer there. Perhaps Vijay 'VEndakkai Sambar' Shankar is the answer.
Also, not totally convinced by Saha at 7 - he's a good keeperbut he needs to score a reasonable amount of runs this series otherwsie I wouldn't blame the selectors for looking elsewhere.

Doubtless Pratters will be on my case for pickingon his fellow Bngali but anyway -long live IDLI, DOSAI and URLAKAZHANGU SAMBAR !

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not a bengali and that's a dire line of thinking.

Re Saha: He has done the job for now, I suppose. His batting isn't very strong and yeah, he needs to make more runs. His keeping is quite good though. I think he is a better option than Naman Ojha for sure though.

An all rounder would make the side stronger, yes. There are big supporters of Jadeja on here actually. I am not a fan but he does a job, I suppose.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There are a few people on CW who play the role of riling up fans from various teams but Salamuddin has to be the most entertaining.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Surprised to see the pessimism of some Indian fans. I think this should be a relatively easy series victory. India won the series away in Sri Lanka and Kohli has notched up quite a few Test wins under his belt. Vijay, Pujara and Rahane are all capable of scoring big 100s against this West Indies side and it the pitches have turn, Ashwin and Jadeja/Mishra will be a handful. It's Kumble's first series as well, so I expect India to be energetic and out to get the win. 3-0 or 3-1 to India, is my call.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a dire post mate. What makes you think I hate India? Oh right..you think you have me figured out based on which team you think I support.
This is the sort of thing I expect from bogan brigade on CW..not you.

Salamuddin hates pretty much every team.

NZ are a good team but I think people are over hyping them slightly.

Let's look at their results objectively:

A 0-0 away draw with Bangladesh - so so result
Beating the WIndies twice (home and away) - yeah good but the WIndies are undoubtedly the weakest test team at the moment even if they do have some promising youngsters coming through.
Home wins against India and Sri Lanka - neither of whom are particularly good touring sides. And really had Kohli not dropped a dolly of Mccullum, NZ would almost certainly have lost that wellington test.
Away draw against England - a decent result but let's not get carried away. England aren't that strong - I would have been more impressed has NZ actually won the series. The way they were unable to force the issue in that first test from a position of strength is telling.
Away draw with Pakistan - probably their best result but again it was hardly a vintage Pakistan side. The fact that Pakistan spanked the Aussies 2-0 just before is more a reflection of how overrated Australia really are.

So in short, while I think they've played well I still don't think they've achieved anything really special. If they can beat OZ away later this year or even draw in Oz and maybe win or get a draw in India next year I'd start getting more excited.
I still find him entertaining though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is Chandrika really going to open the batting again? I would have thought his Guyana teammate Leon Johnson would open because a) the second opener spot is the only batting spot available and b) he is better.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mishra over Jadeja is interesting. Kumble's favoritism for leggies showing imo.

Last edited: