• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Howe_zat

Audio File
Getting a lead of ~70 with 15 overs remaining could make for a great chase.

Looks like the Windies will save this now though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Almost need 4 wickets in one over wouldn't they? There's only 20 scheduled left for the day, and we'd lose 2-3 for the innings change-over no?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
2-312 on day 5 is impressive stuff. I know with the rain tye pitch isnt a typical last day, but still, so good.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

I think 105 from 15, or 70 in 9-10 overs would still be exciting and probably tighter.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is like watching the most impotent man trying to finish off the most awful hambeast with a paper bag over her disgusting face

Stace

First Class Debutant
Holder should decline the offer of an early draw and make the bastards suffer, that would really piss off Kohli.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Been some brilliant Test tons the last couple of weeks and that one from Chase today is right up there close to them, very well played.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Today might just have saved the West Indies from oblivion in Test match cricket - hope a few thousand turn up in St Lucia to see them in the next match

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
They finally gave us something to cheer! The young guns drew this and that's what is most pleasing, Samuels and Bravo stank up the place, but Chase was superb and I thought Dowrich looked top notch, definitely a better batsman than Ramdin IMHO. He does need to work on his keeping though! Holder batted nicely as well, I like how he stepped up with both bat and ball in this match.

They do need to make a few changes to have a chance of winning a test though, this doesn;t mask that. It's just nice to have some sort of hope. I think we might as well go firnly forward with youth. This will be Samuels last series, Chandrika is just horrific. Bravo needs to get with the programme and actually score some runs in a home series. He also needs to work harder on the short ball, that 2nd innings was dreadful.

My lineup moving forward:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Evin Lewis/Leon Johnson (attacking opener to complement Kraigg's stonewalling)
Jermaine Blackwood (attacking number 3, sends a message to the opposition)
Darren Bravo (best batsman, hopefully comes in with ball a bit older by batting at 4)
Shai Hope (deserves to replace Samuels, definitely needs a run in the middle order)
Royston Chase
Shane Dowrich (wk)
Jason Holder
Miguel Cummins
Shannon Gabriel
Alzarri Joseph (sits for Bishoo/Warrican/Narine if it's a raging turner)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Chase achieves something the likes of Hadlee (scored 99 and 5-fer once) & Kapil never achieved in their entire careers. A century & 5-fer in a Test match.

Not bad in your 2nd test match.

I notice he has a FC batting average of 44 & bowling of 25, FC numbers you don't often see either.

We'd he pop up from?

burr

State Vice-Captain
Well done Windies! What a couple of test hundreds we've had over the past week or so. And not from the big obvious players or big obvious nations. So refreshing.

Nothing beats test cricket.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So Chase achieves something the likes of Hadlee (scored 99 and 5-fer once) & Kapil never achieved in their entire careers. A century & 5-fer in a Test match.

Not bad in your 2nd test match.

I notice he has a FC batting average of 44 & bowling of 25, FC numbers you don't often see either.

We'd he pop up from?
He was in the same Under 19 team as Kraigg Braithwaite and Dowrich, he just wasn't touted as much because he wasn't as prolific as Kraigg or as eye catching as Dowrich.

Therefore he has had to force his way into contention through weight of runs rather than favours. It is frustrating that he has had to produce like this to get any attention at all whereas Chandrika gets a free pass with zero performances to prove he deserves it.

I think Chase benefitted massively from the extended FC season allowing him to get matches under his belt and produce those numbers.

Last edited: