• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is boring as ****.

But I don't mind India playing like this and grinding down poor opposition. They deserve no mercy.

Daemon

Yeah, 59 runs in the session..credit to the Windies bowlers for sticking to a plan though. They didn't do much wrong.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India seem to be trying to replicate what they did to the Aussies int hat 2013 series after the 1st test in Chennai... Just bat them out of the game after bowling them out cheap in the first inning. Seem to recall Murali Vijay and Pujara doing this same stuff there.. Playing out the first session with very few runs and then accelerating during the 2nd and 3rd...

OverratedSanity

Really gutted for Pujara. Poor guy isn't batting fluently but still did all the hard work and looked set for a big one, only to run himself out.

Daemon

His running is pretty poor in general though, rather this happen now and he work on it than when it actually matters.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Not a bad Day 2 for India. You could may be fault them for being slow, but there's still enough time left in the Test to allow for rain disruptions. Assuming the final lead is about 250, that maybe could be enough for India to win it. Ashwin in the second innings will be a menace and I think he can get another fifer.

Is it just me or do the Windies just look lazy/lethargic/disinterested? They just don't seem to have the will in them for this.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Not a bad Day 2 for India. You could may be fault them for being slow, but there's still enough time left in the Test to allow for rain disruptions. Assuming the final lead is about 250, that maybe could be enough for India to win it. Ashwin in the second innings will be a menace and I think he can get another fifer.

Is it just me or do the Windies just look lazy/lethargic/disinterested? They just don't seem to have the will in them for this.
Woah...Certainly a criticism that could never be directed towards the West Indies

Daemon

That criticism doesn't hold up in this series though imo. The bowlers are clearly bowling to plans and they're even executing them well. They're just not good enough. For the batting even Marlon 'hands in his pocket' Samuels looks like he's willing to stay out there and score some tough runs like he attempted to in the first innings.

viriya

International Captain
Even though he failed this time, I really hope India sticks to Ashwin at 6. He is a better batsman than Saha, and he needs to get the opportunity to bat with proper batsmen and build partnerships to grow.

Only then will he fulfill his GOAT all-rounder potential.. :ph34r:

Daemon

If Rahane tons up here he'll have one against every team in the top eight except Pakistan who he's never played. WAG. Just 24 matches too.

Last edited:

Daemon

Dar is such a good ump. Always seems to get the tough decisions right. Other than that little scandal with his sons pretending to be Scottish tarnishing his reputation a bit, I won't be surprised if he retires being regarded as one of the best.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dar is such a good ump. Always seems to get the tough decisions right. Other than that little scandal with his sons pretending to be Scottish tarnishing his reputation a bit, I won't be surprised if he retires being regarded as one of the best.
?

vcs

Rahane is in all kinds of trouble facing Holder here. Been lucky to survive the last couple of overs.