• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "I played for X in FC draft"

anil1405

International Captain
For a state that has so many people Uttar Pradash seems to have not produced many great cricketer..... but my knowledge of Indian provincial cricket does appear limited..

Vijay Manjrekar
[h=1][/h]
There are actually quite a few states (out of 29) which haven't produced many (if any) prominent cricketers who represented India.

watson

Banned
ROUND 2
AndrewB - Graeme Pollock
J_C - Anil Kumble
jimmy101 - Don Shepherd
morgieb - Jack Cowie
Victor Ian -
The Battlers Prince - Virender Sehwag
stphndbsn - Vijay Manjrekar
watson - Denis Compton
AgentTBY - Archie Maclaren
anil1405 - MS Dhoni
Zinzan -
mr_mister - Ravi Ashwin

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barbados. Damn close to choosing Marshall, but it has to be Sobers

5. Sourav Ganguly
6. Garry Sobers

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
R3

The Battlers Prince - Northerns/Easterns/Titans
mr_mister - Kerala
stphndbsn - Barbados
jimmy101 - Essex
morgieb - Punjab
AndrewB - Northern Districts (NZ)
watson - Jammu and Kashmir
anil1405 - Canterbury
AgentTBY - Lancashire
J_C - Glamorgan
Zinzan - Leeward Islands

No clashes so pick whenever you're on. I've taken Victor Ian out as he hasn't made a choice yet.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I demand there be at least 12 rounds because I don't want either of my 2 avaliable international choices in my final XI. What a woeful pool of players Kerala has produced

my only international choices this round are Sadagoppen Ramesh and Sreessanth so I'll go Ramesh as he at least performed once or twice against decent teams

but srsly 2 tiny little indian FC teams in a row me no likey

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I demand there be at least 12 rounds because I don't want either of my 2 avaliable international choices in my final XI. What a woeful pool of players Kerala has produced

my only international choices this round are Sadagoppen Ramesh and Sreessanth so I'll go Ramesh as he at least performed once or twice against decent teams

Take it up with the almighty List Randomiser mate.

watson

Banned
I blame almighty God for the Randomiser's results.

Anyway, I stumbled across this video when I typed 'Kashmir Cricket' into google. It shows the coolest and most skilful cricketer on the face of the planet.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain

You forgot Tinu Yohannan. :tongue:

On a serious note, there are a handful of states in India which haven't produced a decent test cricketer.

watson got a real tough option too this round.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe I'm passing on Viv Richards, but I overlooked Marshall for Sobers last pick, so in desperate need of a top fast bowler. Besides, I personally rank Ambrose every bit as high as a Test bowler as I do Richards as a test bat.

So big Curtly - (Leeward Islands) it is.

5. Sourav Ganguly
6. Garry Sobers
10. Curtly Ambrose

Last edited:

watson

Banned
About the closest I can come to choosing a big-name Kashmiri cricketer is Suresh Raina. Apparently his family comes from the 'Kashmiri Pandets' community.

But My selection is the off-spinning allrounder Parvez Ghulam Rasool Zargar - the club's only International Rep. after a single ODI against Zimbabwe, in Zimbabwe 2013.

Parvez Rasool | India Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

04. Denis Compton - Middlesex
07. Parvez Rasool - Jammu and Kashmir
08. Richard Hadlee - Canterbury

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Malcolm Marshall-Barbados.

03 Vijay Manjrekar (Uttar Prudesh)
05 Martin Crowe (Auckland)
09 Malcolm Marshall (Barbados)

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Out of interest, you happier I left you Marshall or Sobers?
That`s like asking if you would prefer to have *** with 2 woman at their house or yours.... either works well, as long as you get the *** :)

(but I probably would have gone for Sobers too..)