• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "I played for X in FC draft"

anil1405

International Captain
Now thats a Bradman'esque effort from Victor Ian in this thread.

No one can do a better job than Victor Ian in this aspect of providing insights, just like how no one could sneak past Bradman and my incredible team.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
On second thought, after seeing Victor's FC stats, I might tinker my team a bit.

1 Graham Gooch
2 Martin Donnelly
3 Kane Williamson
4 Allan Border c
5 Polly Umrigar
6 Matthew Maynard
7 Adam Gilchrist +
8 Keith Miller
9 Ray Lindwall
10 Ken Higgs
11 Don Shepherd

12 Ben Stokes

Don't really need Stokes all that much tbh. I have Umrigar, Gooch & Border as 5th bowling options anyway. Maynard has a much higher FC ave than Stokes, & Umrigar has a much better FC bowling ave than Stokes. I'll keep Miller at 8, so he can concentrate on destroying all of your batting lineups in tandem with Lindwall!

Victor Ian

International Coach
Bradman's top test score 334 is the same as the latent heat for melting ice. Not quite sure what that means but sounds cool.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Who is the Greatest All Time First Class player ever? Is it still Bradman by a long way or does Grace get close or even take the honours. Is it someone else entirely, such as that Mynn dude?

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Sorry if this came up earlier (or is well known on the forum)... what are the "class" letters (atg, mtg and so on) above? (I'm guessing "atg" is "all-time great"?)

Victor Ian

International Coach
iby = -1, it's bradman yeah
atg = 1, all time great (always mentioned in greatest discussions)
mtg = 2, most time great (mentioned in greatest in certain circumstances)
sta - 3, some times awesome (get's mentioned because of unsustained brilliance)
gok - 4, good ok (played a few games for their country)
jgt - 5, just got there (just made country team or was in the running)
ays - 6, are you serious (you poor c...)

They are accurate with a margin of error of 6. They are based on my gut feeling at the time, so don't read too much into them. (except in my team)

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, yeah I was wondering what those ratings were about. Nice system Victor. Although I disagree with Umrigar getting an 'ays' rating. He was a quality player & would walk straight into any Test team if he were playing today!

Victor Ian

International Coach
How about I post up a vote thread? What are the usual conditions? pick 3? picks can be seen? time frame?

I guess other than the poll, I post everyone's final team below that?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, just create a new thread with a vote that has the same amount of options as the number of players that participated in this draft. Post everyone's team's in the OP. Set the question to 'vote for the 3 best teams' and set the number of votes options to 3