• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

https://twitter.com/hashtag/thisflag?src=hash

Fri Jul 22 - Sun Jul 24 10:00 local (08:00 GMT | 20:00 NZST)
Zimbabwe A v New Zealanders
Harare Sports Club
Thu Jul 28 - Mon Aug 1 10:00 local (08:00 GMT | 20:00 NZST)
1st Test - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Sat Aug 6 - Wed Aug 10 10:00 local (08:00 GMT | 20:00 NZST)
2nd Test - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Fri Aug 19 - Tue Aug 23
1st Test - South Africa v New Zealand
Kingsmead, Durban
Sat Aug 27 - Wed Aug 31
2nd Test - South Africa v New Zealand
SuperSport Park, Centurion

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
How do those pictures have anything to do with NZ's tour to SA and Zim?

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Black Caps would only boycott Zimbabwe tour if there was a 'direct threat of violence' | Stuff.co.nz

A petition on Change.org is calling for NZC to pull out of their two-test tour, in a stand against President Robert Mugabe's regime as protests and strikes over unpaid wages and the country's woeful economy cause unrest in the capital, Harare. The New Zealand-based Black Caps touched down in South Africa on Tuesday for a week-long camp in Pretoria, before they transfer to Harare for their warmup match starting on July 22.

NZC says it is monitoring the tense situation in Harare but a boycott would not occur unless it deteriorated rapidly.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
It will be an interesting series. I hope politics doesn't rear its ugly head and **** up the series.

Peaceful5583

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yesterday zim.A
Beaten at Bulawayo by an innings, I think spinner will doing good there, my major interest in
JEET ASHOK RAWAL 's début
Good luck

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Does anybody know how Rabada is going for Kent? I really want to see Steyn and Rabada bowl in tandem....

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This has been happening for years but the politics and current poor governance (not just cricket but in general) is badly effecting our economy.. which causes the money issues, but more importantly makes players think do I really want this life for my family, if I have alternatives? So it has increased dramatically recently. Until the whole country stabilizers SA is going to lose players at a rapid rate... for how long and how much this effects SA cricket is another debate.

She talks about us getting a soccer type system going.... thats not going to solve SA`s problems.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Moonda was suggesting that for cricket in general. That sounds scary to me.
I can totally understand the concerns of the players and I don't believe that this undying, unquestionable loyalty to the national cause should be expected of them especially in this day and age when pretty much everyone looks globally for opportunities.

This sounds like a bad time to be a white cricketer in South Africa.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think Moonda was suggesting that for cricket in general. That sounds scary to me.
Yes she is mention the soccer idea for cricket in general, good or bad, but as a possible solution to help SA cricket (and maybe places like WI)... but this will not help solve SA cricketing problems.

I can totally understand the concerns of the players and I don't believe that this undying, unquestionable loyalty to the national cause should be expected of them especially in this day and age when pretty much everyone looks globally for opportunities. This sounds like a bad time to be a white cricketer in South Africa.
This is not about being black or white (even though the racial discrimination does not help, but most players are accepting of this and understand) no this is about bigger picture... SA is not going to keep any talent, from any sport or even skills beyond sport due to the SA political and economic circumstances. SA is currently on a precipices politically and economically, if its sorts itself out in the next few years things will be fine... if it goes the other way SA will probably just turn into another African state.

But this is a tangent going into SA politics and is not the thread for this.....

Marius

International Debutant
Paul Harris has been calling for Shamsi to play against NZ in the upcoming series. I think I'd stick with Piedt for now.

My top 7 would be:
Cook
Elgar
Du Plessis
Amla
De Villiers
Bavuma
De Kock

The bowlers are tricky, assuming everyone is fit. I think you have to go with a spinner, so early in the season, so Piedt is in. That leaves space for three seamers. You probably have to choose from Steyn, Morkel, Philander, and Rabada.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I can totally understand the concerns of the players and I don't believe that this undying, unquestionable loyalty to the national cause should be expected of them especially in this day and age when pretty much everyone looks globally for opportunities.

This sounds like a bad time to be a white cricketer in South Africa.
I'd suggest it's more likely that it's a good time to get out of south Africa if you have the opportunity.

Terribly sad but it's happening across the world: People with the means go where they think they'll have safe, prosperous lives.

As much as I'm a proponent of free migration, the only real solution to these problems is to fix the countries that people are fleeing. Easier said than done, of course.