• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
lole 1/4 after 0.2
I can almost hear Mark Watson wistfully telling his listener(s) how that's attributable to the lack of patience from a black Zimbabwean. Something Andy Flower would never have condoned, this wanton nibbling outside off stump 2nd ball of the Test.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hey, Prince EWS, since you're posting in this thread, how about you ****ing sticky it?

Please. :ph34r:

Binkley

U19 Captain
I'm enjoying this so far. The surface and conditions look good, the bowling is good and Masakadza and Chibhabha are fighting hard. And the commentary is really engaging as a bonus.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I can`t find this anywhere for me to watch, unbelievably... normally this is broadcast by Supersport...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Give us a breakdown of how spuddy this team gets
The batting isn't too bad really. Chari is a professional blocker who uncharacteristically got out for 4 (2) and Masuvaure is a meme cricketer who is in admittedly the form of his life but will also have to play a pretty unfamiliar role (he usually opens or bats 3 and bowls a few overs as a semi-part-time bowler domestically, but here he'll be batting 7 or 8 and acting as the third seamer) but the rest of the top eight can genuinely bat. I'm not saying they definitely won't collapse against what's a good Test attack but this is a flat pitch and it's a First Class standard batting lineup so they should do okay.

The bowling is very spuddy though. Cremer in general goes okay but he hasn't found any form since coming out of retirement at all, the opening bowlers are club cricketers and we'll see Williams and a bunch of batsmen make up the rest of the overs. Lots of variety in the attack - one of every bowling type other than left arm wrist spin - but not a lot of quality at all. Even by Zimbabwean domestic standards I reckon someone like Sibanda would be feeling good about the opportunity to cash in on the change bowlers.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
The bowling is very spuddy though. Cremer in general goes okay but he hasn't found any form since coming out of retirement at all, the opening bowlers are club cricketers and we'll see Williams and a bunch of batsmen make up the rest of the overs. Lots of variety in the attack - one of every bowling type other than left arm wrist spin - but not a lot of quality at all. Even by Zimbabwean domestic standards I reckon someone like Sibanda would be feeling good about the opportunity to cash in on the change bowlers.
What I know of Zibabwe domestic cricket is that 21-year old Gary Ballance carved it up so this isn't particularly encouraging

Athlai

Not Terrible
All the hard work done and Wagner and Santa force the errors when really there should have been bugger all pressure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What I know of Zibabwe domestic cricket is that 21-year old Gary Ballance carved it up so this isn't particularly encouraging
Well this attack would still do well in Zimbabwean domestic cricket; they've got three bowlers who average low 20s in it. Good Zimbabwean domestic batsmen (Sibanda, 21 year old Gary Ballance, etc) would fancy their chances in seeing off the main three and then targeting the others if they could get set though. I reckon you'd see those classic Logan Cup scorecards with two big tons and nothing else a fair bit against this attack because only three of the blokes playing would actually make Logan Cup teams on bowling alone at the moment. Williams in better form would have, I think, but he's sending down real pies of late.

I would be very surprised if New Zealand didn't have to declare, so Zimbabwe 36/3 already isn't a good sign for the game as a spectacle.