• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, as highly as I rate Henry, Wagner deserves that spot more right now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I think the only real question is whether they will go for Sodhi over Craig (or Bracewell or Henry). Slim possibility Guptill will be omitted for Raval but unlikely - I think they'll stick with tried and tested 'warm sick' for this and another tour of South Africa.

Zinzan

FMD, Santner has no business batting ahead of Watling does he? Even if he did last season, Watling's a better fit for number 6.

Also, not sure what Nicholls' has done at FC level to deserve BMac's no.5 spot. Meanwhile.... Munro has the best FC record in the country and because of one failed Test in the republic seems to be labelled a white ball player only. Meanwhile Nicholls' looked utter village against Australia in Taylor's place earlier this year.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah like we really want another Rutherford who's that easy to tie down and do in with flight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah like we really want another Rutherford who's that easy to tie down and do in with flight.
Ok but can we claim Munro is that easy to tie down and unable to rotate strike?

And I agree that it is a major point that shouldn't be overlooked. I'm not at all sold on Nicholls, for example, but he came into the side and was actually able to turn over strike. Particularly when Taylor is the backbone of our middle order.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Whenever I've seen him attempting to play FC in other countries, yes, yes I claim he's as bad as Rutherford. Actually worse. In NZ domestic conditions the spinners are too Mark Craigy to really know where he stands.

He's apparently a new man with a great mental guru now though. I look forward to seeing the changes.

Zinzan

I'm possibly biased because I'm a big fan of Munro's talent & would like to think he can make the transition defensively. Whereas Nicholls did nothing to convince me he had a Test game at this stage, certainly vs. a decent attack. He'll probably carve it against Zim only to be exposed by the S Africans when the real tour begins.

Kippax, not sure one dismissal against spin in a white ball game really says much. Seems to be coping with the spinning conditions in the CPL, even if it is T20 cricket. Not an easy part of the world to play spin these days.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NZ lineup as expected (what Athlai posted except Wagner in for Henry).

Zimbabwe have gone in with only three bowlers, one of whom is a leg spinner recently out of retirement with no form behind him since that and the other two I don't really rate at all. I reckon they fancy their chances for a draw on a flat one.. alternatively they think it's going to take enough turn for Williams to be as effective as their next best seamer, but I doubt that a bit given his bowling form has been terrible of late as well. Going to see lots of overs from 'allrounders' Chibhabha, Masvaure and Raza I suspect.

Last edited: