• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

DriveClub

International Regular
I'm just telling it how it is fella. And you're post was NOT a prediction for Anderson.......you stated it as a done deal.

And if you seriously think he is done and dusted, well we've heard it all before mate. And guess what.......he just comes back better.

Edit:

And if you do want to salvage some shred of credibility, how about you tell us how come he's finished and been so **** since his injury?? I've posted his stats and Jmay posted that he's been hitting 87-89 mph so his speeds not down as you falsely claimed.

I'll be very interested to hear your "expert" analysis......
I only watched the 4th test and he was bowling 125-130 then. Anderson is mainly a swing bowler and loss of pace will affect him a lot. Thats my reasoning.

And look here, you can come back one year later and call me out if I was wrong but stop posting about my credibility and stuff.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
I know people love Vern here but I do think he will struggle outside the South African seaming pitches infact before injury I don't remember the last time he made any impact in an away test all 3 Eanglish seamers are ahead of him however Steyn and Kagiso triumphs over anyone that plays for England.
Like he "struggled" against Pakistan in the UAE? Same old song, never changes, but sure Woakes who has had two good series at home is irrefutably better than Philander in away conditions. Sure.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope he doesn't prove me wrong but I do find the notion strange that Philander will struggle in Australia. Yes Morkel gives you extra pace and bounce but he is not one to take a bunch of wickets..never been that bowler..yes you want someone like Morkel or Wahab in your side to break partnerships at times, to push batsmen on the backfoot, but they are not necessarily your main strike bowlers who will run through a side. Philander has demonstrated ability to do that, but even if he doesn't move the ball as much as he is capable of in Australian pitches, SA will still need a strong holding bowler. They only have 4 bowlers and will struggle with it like Pakistan did in England. If like Tahir, Piedt goes for runs, Steyn and Rabada will tire out and you need Philander to hold it together. At least you can always count on him for that.

Having said that, if the circumstances change and you're 0-1 down and Philander is not bowling well, by all means get Morkel in.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure Philander will solve the dilemma for everyone by contracting a virus on the morning of the series at the first sign of a flat wicket.

Niall

International Coach
I hope he doesn't prove me wrong but I do find the notion strange that Philander will struggle in Australia. Yes Morkel gives you extra pace and bounce but he is not one to take a bunch of wickets..never been that bowler..yes you want someone like Morkel or Wahab in your side to break partnerships at times, to push batsmen on the backfoot, but they are not necessarily your main strike bowlers who will run through a side. Philander has demonstrated ability to do that, but even if he doesn't move the ball as much as he is capable of in Australian pitches, SA will still need a strong holding bowler. They only have 4 bowlers and will struggle with it like Pakistan did in England. If like Tahir, Piedt goes for runs, Steyn and Rabada will tire out and you need Philander to hold it together. At least you can always count on him for that.

Having said that, if the circumstances change and you're 0-1 down and Philander is not bowling well, by all means get Morkel in.

Have a look at how Vern did last time he was in Australia and he was in absolute beast form back then, he may prove the sceptics wrong, but its very much up in the air if he will.

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

akilana

International 12th Man
Proportionally speaking he's better against SA then Steyn is against England.
Wrong. Averaging like 38 vs Steyn's 31

Anderson is constantly crap against SA.
Against england, Steyn is usually injured in the middle of a series or making a come back in the middle. The only time he got through a full series without an injury was the 2012 one and it wasnt Jim-meh who was the best bowler in that series. Cant remember if he even took wicket the whole series.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, can someone please un-sticky this *** of a thread that still gives some of us Kiwis nightmares, It finished nearly 2 weeks ago now. Cheers.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The lack of cricket has made this one of test series really feel terrible.... could have easily put another test in this period. (NZ didn`t need a break at home before heading off to India!)

Marius

International Debutant
The lack of cricket has made this one of test series really feel terrible.... could have easily put another test in this period. (NZ didn`t need a break at home before heading off to India!)
And we would have won 2-0 rather than 1-0!

:D