• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nichols tonning up would be sweet since none of the NZ crowd (as far as I know) rate him.
Heath likes him. I think I remember someone deliberately becoming a fan just to counteract all the hate too (straw man maybe?).

I definitely wouldn't have picked him in the first place, and I made my thoughts about his bent shovel technique well known before he'd played for New Zealand in any format, but after he was picked I supported him getting a proper run. It seemed to me that people were still essentially just arguing against his initial selection rather than actually looking at what he'd done, and the horse had bolted on that one. It's fine to be sceptical (I was and still am) but the calls to drop him were premature, even if he doesn't end up being good enough.

BeeGee

International Captain
I see the Jeetan Patel discussion is back.

A test quality Patel is like Bigfoot. Some people claim to have seen him, but the rest of the world is yet to see any hard evidence of his existence.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having other great bowlers in the lineup both helps and hurts your overall wpm, so there's not much point comparing them in that way.

OverratedSanity

26th 5fer too. Some of his statistics are getting absurd.

Really disappointed in NZ yet again
Thought they'd out up a better show than they did vs Australia, and it's probably been better but still not good enough. Need to lift their game big time now. In a year, they've gone from being on the verge of being a potentially excellent team to a thoroughly mediocre one (like several other teams today tbf).

morgieb

26th 5fer too. Some of his statistics are getting absurd.

Really disappointed in NZ yet again
Thought they'd out up a better show than they did vs Australia, and it's probably been better but still not good enough. Need to lift their game big time now. In a year, they've gone from being on the verge of being a potentially excellent team to a thoroughly mediocre one (like several other teams today tbf).
Yeah, I thought for a while around the start of 2015 they could hit #1. Now they're clearly a step below the Top 5 IMO.