• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
JFC.

A study in different techniques there. KW got the exact same delivery two balls ago, played it late with soft hands and edged it down to third slip on the bounce. Guptill squirts his bat at it and the edge flies to first slip.
Yeah exactly..and the commentators were saying 'he had to play' about the Guptill delivery. They're kinda right because there are very few batsmen who will be as good as KW in a given point in time.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Are we back to being minnows (or near it)?

I can't remember our last tour to SA, all I remember is we were smashed and dismissed for 45, this series somehow seems worse...

Meridio

International Regular
I mean, that ball from Steyn has moved a long, long way. If you're a batsman of international calibre, you just should not be hitting that. See the ball, play it late, and if it moves away don't push your hands at it. Think we'll be seeing Jeet Raval in India.

Also, what we really don't need now is a broken finger for KW.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't it be funny if NZ's best batsman got a broken finger, just before a tour to India? Oh well, he's going on anyway...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, that ball from Steyn has moved a long, long way. If you're a batsman of international calibre, you just should not be hitting that. See the ball, play it late, and if it moves away don't push your hands at it. .
Yup. Guptill fundamentally cannot play the ball late. He never has done, and never will.

If he's ever selected again there's something seriously wrong.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill averages 9.28 in SA after 4 matches.. Our selectors :laugh:
They couldn't have dropped him after Zimbabwe, which is why I would've picked Raval in Zim...

They're conservative which is fine so long as it's consistent. But Guptill's career is pretty outrageous.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The week of the first test, whenever I expressed my excitement about the return of Dale Steyn to someone, I would get reactions ranging from "oh he's finished" "oh he's kinda overrated" "he's still playing? I thought he had retired" to just mehh. This is for someone who has been the the clear number 1 bowler consistently for an extended period of time, after not having played for a few months due to injury.