• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest "draw" in cricket history?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've actually never come across a bad-behaving Indian or Sri Lankan supporter in Australia, they've all been bogans

Burgey

Still remember you inviting me into the members in 2012 <3
We should do that again sometime this summer. The new Noble Stand is flat out gold. Gourmet pizzas, Doyle's seafood, chorizo and a decent bar too.

Burgey

I've actually never come across a bad-behaving Indian or Sri Lankan supporter in Australia, they've all been bogans
The only visiting supporters I've ever seen carry on like dickheads have been some Pommies and Kiwis, but tbh dickheads gonna dickhead and some of the home supporters here are ****ing horrendous.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What's that 1/4 wholemeal sandwich doing sitting sadly on cling film next to all the seafood?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I did. Missed a small portion of it while I attended to a personal matter in a discreet part of the stadium, but it was a great game.
Well that was the portion of the game when the Indian crowd far far outnumbered the local crowd. They didn't stay for too long though..as the outcome was clear pretty early.

OverratedSanity

WG, Bradman, Sachin clearly the three biggest draws ever. Maybe Sobers too? He was mega popular in Australia wasn't he?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The only visiting supporters I've ever seen carry on like dickheads have been some Pommies and Kiwis, but tbh dickheads gonna dickhead and some of the home supporters here are ****ing horrendous.
When in Rome :ph34r:

TheJediBrah

I assume it's because (I could be off the mark here) that if you're an Indian going to the cricket it's because you genuinely want to see some cricket, whereas an uncomfortably large number of Aussies/poms/kiwis go to the cricket to get pissed and **** around

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I get less excited now. I went and saw Sachin about 5 years ago at the basin and was mildly excited, but not jumping out of my skin.

The last time I went to a match to see one player was Hadlee when I was 18. We travelled to Auckland for one of his farewell games. Amazing experience.

Prior to that I wanted to see Lance Cairns live so managed to see him play for ND vs the touring English. The English were complete Jerks about the whole thing and upon Lance, my hero, walking out on Seddon park, and yes carrying his Excalibur, the wankers put on Norman Cowans to bowl to him instead of keeping on with Vic Marks.

Of course Lance was never going to try to either see Cowans off, or get his eye in and he got out 3rd ball trying to hit the ball into Angelsea St.

Damn that ball went high though.

My other memory from that game was how the English Opener Chris Smith scored a 50.

He premeditated defence for the first ten overs, then he just decided it was time to score runs and started hitting balls for two and three off his pads that he had been previously knocking back down the pitch.

Finally when on exactly 50 he was out stumped. The Keeper took a long time to take the bails off luxuriating in the moment with Smith stranded metres out of his crease. The Waikato Times reported the next day that the keeper had taken the ball in front of the stumps according to square leg and had Smith have turned around and forced a decision he would have been Not out.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
afridi is up there

remember the test at faisalabad in 2005 when he came out to bat in the second innings v england. the atmosphere went from drab to electric, everyone on their feet. flintoff ran into bowl and took his off peg, first ball. the crowd ****ed off.