• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI batsman ATM

Who is the best ODI batsman in the world ATM?

• Ricky Ponting

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Brian Lara

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • VVS Laxman

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Jacques Kallis

• Herschelle Gibbs

• Other (please specify)?

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
Who is it?

BTW I voted VVS.

I have selected muliptle vote, so you can vote for more then one person. I do take no responsiblity if it is abused in discussion of this thread.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Sachin Tendulkar but then again you people expect me to say that.

He has bought me more joy and entertainment than any other batsman EVER.

He is the greatest batsman of my generation in my opinion.

nibbs

International Captain
Stephen Fleming is the best fo sho. He's been in top top top top nick of late.

masterblaster

International Captain
nibblet said:
Stephen Fleming is the best fo sho. He's been in top top top top nick of late.
Fleming is a great leader and is in good form at the moment, but the BEST?

Best means he has been the leader in ODI batting, the benchmark for a long time, which he HASN'T.

Best in ODI's = Sachin Tendulkar

simple as that

Cloete

International Captain
ATM: Andrew Symonds

Fleming come's close. but i'd have symonds, fleming and laxman in my side than tendulkar, gilchrist etc. on current form!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, Chris Gayle should be there, but I wouldn't pick him as the best. I'd trust Sachin at the moment.

tooextracool

International Coach
how could u forget michael bevan????hes is quite far the best one day player i have ever seen. averages more than 50 with the bat and its a pity that australia make a guy with such talent bat at number 7. his needle like placement and precision timing along with the ability to run like a hare between wickets makes him perfect for the one day arena

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At the moment? - Bevan's simply had 2 ordinary series. Anyhow, I'd take "at the moment" to mean "of players playing at the moment", not "judging on scores in most recent couple of series".
IMO there has never been a better one-day player than him.
I am fully confident he'll be back to his genial best very soon. Craig, I am shocked you could not include him in the poll. "Other" for me, beyond all question, and you know who.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
how could u forget michael bevan????hes is quite far the best one day player i have ever seen. averages more than 50 with the bat and its a pity that australia make a guy with such talent bat at number 7. his needle like placement and precision timing along with the ability to run like a hare between wickets makes him perfect for the one day arena
Yes Bevan should not be batting at seven.

Bevan should either be at five or at the lowest six, depending on whats happening during a match (say if Australia is setting a target or chasing one).

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
At the moment? - Bevan's simply had 2 ordinary series.
Well the recently completed ODI series between Sri Lanka & Australia was Bevan's first tournament back (participating in the whole tournament) since sustaining an injury during the VB Series with India & Zimbabwe. So I would allow a little bit of leeway in regards to his poor performance in Sri Lanka.

So whilst he has had two quiet series, I agree that Bevan should bounce back for his next ODI.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
At the moment? - Bevan's simply had 2 ordinary series. Anyhow, I'd take "at the moment" to mean "of players playing at the moment", not "judging on scores in most recent couple of series".
I am fully confident he'll be back to his genial best very soon. Craig, I am shocked you could not include him in the poll. "Other" for me, beyond all question, and you know who.
i agree

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
At the moment? - Bevan's simply had 2 ordinary series.
2 series is a fair amount of time though.

The next one is key IMO - 3 in a row, and he may be on the way out.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Cloete said:
ATM: Andrew Symonds

Fleming come's close. but i'd have symonds, fleming and laxman in my side than tendulkar, gilchrist etc. on current form!
Symonds!! Surely not, i voted for Punter and Tendulkar.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
Until he is at his best he will be there. Which he isnt.