• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amir should have been banned for life: Graeme Swann

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There's nothing wrong with what he said. Swann is fully entitled to his opinion. This is a divisive issue and both sides (those who want a life ban for Amir and those who think he deserves a second chance) have reasonable points to make. However, the verdict of a 5 year ban was reached by means of a fair trial, and people should accept the decision of a fair trial whether they agree with it or not. A trial is not about personal opinion or even public opinion. We are free disagree with the decision of a trial, but we have to accept it in the end.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Graeme Swann should've been banned from driving, but instead some bunch of idiot magistrates bought his cat rescuing story - at least Amir admitted his guilt Swanneh, so he's a better man than you

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
And Graeme Swann should've been banned from driving, but instead some bunch of idiot magistrates bought his cat rescuing story - at least Amir admitted his guilt Swanneh, so he's a better man than you
Swann's mother should be imprisioned for ever conceiving the little twerp. But that's a different subject.

watson

Banned
I'm not sure which is more impressive - Amir's no-ball or Majeed's stack of cash.

Swann is merely making the point that spot fixing and corruption undermines the very essence of cricket and its history. What's more he's absolutely right.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Agree with what BW said. I am of the opinion he should not have been allowed to come back as well but a decision has been made and we have to go by it.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A veritable cricketing legend, Graeme Swann took 739 first class wickets in a career that spanned 15 years at the top level. Now an esteemed sports broadcaster and Unibet Armchair expert, he'll be providing expert insights into all of the top international cricket action this summer exclusively here at bet.unibet.com.

watson

Banned
A veritable cricketing legend, Graeme Swann took 739 first class wickets in a career that spanned 15 years at the top level. Now an esteemed sports broadcaster and Unibet Armchair expert, he'll be providing expert insights into all of the top international cricket action this summer exclusively here at bet.unibet.com.
I guess we'll have to wait and see whether Swann does anything illegal that perverts the game like Amir.

watson

Banned
Oh snap! You totally got me there!
Well I'm not excited about Swann joining Unibet either. Instant online gambling is a disgusting blight on society, threatens the game of cricket, and if it were possible I would ban it in an instant.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha

watson

Banned
Yes, let's ban legal gambling. That'll show those pesky illegal gamblers.
Not against gambling per se, but 'instant online' gambling that involves every aspect of a cricket match straight to the individuals smart phone has to be bad.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
everyone's entitled to their opinion, what would be really annoying is if Amir performs well on tour, Pakistan win a Test or 2 and a bunch of people piss and moan that it's not fair because he shouldn't have been playing.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
He actually looked the goods before he ****ed up. Very interested to see how he goes.

He's paid a hefty penalty, so hopefully he can redeem himself by playing some decent cricket for the next few years with no controversies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
everyone's entitled to their opinion, what would be really annoying is if Amir performs well on tour, Pakistan win a Test or 2 and a bunch of people piss and moan that it's not fair because he shouldn't have been playing.
Feel like Swann is basically laying the groundwork for this. England have basically 3 decent players fit so I can see Pakistan knocking them over.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Feel like Swann is basically laying the groundwork for this. England have basically 3 decent players fit so I can see Pakistan knocking them over.
Swann doesn't give a toss about that I would imagine. I imagine all the English players that were playing in that test would have been happy if all 3 were banned for life. It didn't just tarnish the reputation of Pakistan cricket but that of cricket in general and by association English cricket and it's players. It gave cricket an image as a corrupt sport.

It would be personal for the English players involved - so obviously a good reason why they didn't have any input on the punishments of the players.