• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players of Promise

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
11th Place Play-off: New Zealand Under-19s v South Africa Under-19s at Cox's Bazar, Feb 12, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

It was probably discussed in the Under 19s thread but I was looking for an excuse to start a thread with this title :ph34r:

Plus it is cold and dark outside and I would like to think or imagine cricket again (seriously it is the height of winter at present down under)

Put your money of which of the NZ young bucks will go on to the big dance or have the biggest future.

1) R Ravindra
2) Phillips
3) Clarkson
4) Gibson
5) Smith

Or if you come from country other than God'sown feel free to name a player of promise from that tournament for your country.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Australia is down under, so New Zealand is Down Under two steps right.
LOL. I think it was a phrase the Aussies invented, and we latched on to as it sounded cool...I think we know it is really your saying in our hearts if we care to admit it :)

You're not going to get me to concede G'day or mate to you though - be warned right now Victor Ian!!!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well I will answer the OP and give my views.

I think all 5 of those blokes are extremely talented and will go on to play international cricket. Gibson may only end up being a one or two game guy, who knows but he will get a cap.

Ravindra will be a better long form player than a List A guy, and he may never get a game in the pajamas, but he should end up playing tests.

This under 19 group is a best batch in a long time by my reckoning.

Phillips could be another Nathan Astle at the top of the order.

Clarkson will definitely be a blackcap.

Anyway as long as they push on a bit better than Seifert has then they will be good additions to the First class scene if nothing else.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Are you *****?

What is going on here. I am befuddled. Apologies ***** if it s not you - you just seem the only candidate.

Minion's join date is March 2016. Why on earth would a new user have an opinion about me when I never read a single one of his posts before or even been in the same thread as him before?

Minion

Banned
Are you *****?

What is going on here. I am befuddled. Apologies ***** if it s not you - you just seem the only candidate.

Minion's join date is March 2016. Why on earth would a new user have an opinion about me when I never read a single one of his posts before or even been in the same thread as him before?
This is why we have to break up, this is exactly what you wanted isn't it? Always looking to cause a stir

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL. I think it was a phrase the Aussies invented, and we latched on to as it sounded cool...I think we know it is really your saying in our hearts if we care to admit it :)

You're not going to get me to concede G'day or mate to you though - be warned right now Victor Ian!!!
That's a bizarre thing to think.

"Down-under" was obviously invented by people for whom Australia is . . . down-under . . .

ie. the Northern Hemisphere

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That's a bizarre thing to think.

"Down-under" was obviously invented by people for whom Australia is . . . down-under . . .

ie. the Northern Hemisphere
Can you produce any back up for your theory. First time I heard it was midnight oil.