• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies only draft

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imo having some not great players involved makes the thing fun. I mean, don't you get a bit tired of picking Marshall and Lara and Co every single time?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Alrighty then, let's get this underway already. Draft is now live.

Round 1

Prince EWS
weldone
jimmy101
a massive zebra
AndrewB
Camo999
Samuel_Vimes
Zinzan
AldoRaine18
mr_mister

Round 2

mr_mister
AldoRaine18
Zinzan
Samuel_Vimes
Camo999
AndrewB
a massive zebra
jimmy101
weldone
Prince EWS

Remember - No Sobers!

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was always gonna be 4-5 rounds of nothing but scrubs. now it's gonna extended even further

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
There was always gonna be 4-5 rounds of nothing but scrubs. now it's gonna extended even further
I can't see this being the case. Maybe by the final round pickings will be a bit slim, but what quality of player do you consider to be a 'scrub'? Devon Smith, for example?

a massive zebra

International Captain
We could pad out the talent pool by allowing the selection of non Test players. West Indies actually had some decent players before they became a Test nation (Charles Ollivierre, Tommy Burton, Sydney Smith, Richard Ollivierre, Sammy Woods, Percy Goodman etc) and there must have been plenty of crickters in the 70s and 80s who would have played Test cricket if born in any other nation.

We could define the eligibility criteria as:

a) Born in the West Indies, or
b) Played first class cricket in the West Indies for a domestic side and did not play international cricket for another nation.

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
If Devon Smith is a 'scrub' then the majority of Test cricketers ever to play are also. He has played 38 Tests and made 27 first class centuries, for goodness sake. I agree with Prince EWS and OverratedSanity; it can get much more interesting when all time greats are no longer available and you have to actually do some research to find the most appropriate team members to fill the remaining places. I would be pleased to have Devon Smith as a 10th or 11th member of my side.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Back to 9 participants now, so there should be no problem with lack of talent.

Round 1

Prince EWS
weldone
jimmy101
a massive zebra
AndrewB
Camo999
Samuel_Vimes
Zinzan
mr_mister

Round 2

mr_mister