• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test runs draft -Team XI's total sum of test runs must not exceed 30k(negotiable AF)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, min of one test innings. No Clive Rice. Though I'm not married to this rule we've used it for the averages and high score drafts so yeah

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm grab the great Graeme Pollock thanks @ 2256

Balance remaining 27744

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, min of one test innings. No Clive Rice. Though I'm not married to this rule we've used it for the averages and high score drafts so yeah
Sorry, what's so special about Rice? I know he was an excellent all-rounder, but fail to see how he's anymore special a case of any of the other South African great players who played very few tests due to the apartheid.

mr_mister

well he literally played zero tests so that makes him stand out to his South African apartheid peers and was the player chosen in the combined averages draft that brought up this discussion and we overturned it. Also I think he was the very first player chosen in the recent 'never played a test' draft

based on this evience i would say this forum considers him the best player to have never played a test

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, what's so special about Rice? I know he was an excellent all-rounder, but fail to see how he's anymore special a case of any of the other South African great players who played very few tests due to the apartheid.
Clive Rice would probably have been the same caliber as Sir Richard Hadlee, Hadlee probably a better bowler but Rice was probably a better batsmen but we will never know for sure; ..... People pick Mike Procter pretty quick and Rice >> Procter.

mr_mister

FC average of 40 and 22 for batting and bowling is ridic, only Keith Miller and Gary Sobers FC record looks better from an All-round point of view

(actually dont quote me on that lol im sure im missing some obvious names)

Last edited:

mr_mister

yeah knew the Headley/Pollock combo wouldn't last

they are so easy to group together, due to their tests played, high scores and batting averages being basically identical

Slifer

International Captain
Yeah I did cartwheels when i saw that the last person before me passed on sir George.

mr_mister

i kinda predicted these would be the first 5 to go, not in that order though(not in any order really)

it becomes a lot less predictable as of right now IMO