• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick the other Drafter's Drafts Draft

Shady Slim

International Coach
now that i am back for reals this time i had another draft idea that i thought i had better make before i forget

basically i am looking for 10-12 entrants (hopefully no more than fourteen if there's an outrageous amount of demand which i doubt)

effectively when you sign up, also leave an email. eventually when we begin you'll get an email asking you to email me an absurd parameter for a draft. the parameters are then pooled before being randomly distributed - you can't get your own parameter - and then that is the parameter you must draft with

in terms of the parameter you send, its has to be reasonable to some degree. "must share a name with a US president" works, "must have an SS branded bat while also having claimed the wicket of three different Glenns" is not*

that said, still make your parameter a fun one!

once you get your parameter you can't disclose it to anyone

the reason for this is by judging, your team is judged not only compared to other teams but also to the parameter: in theory a team with a difficult parameter will get more votes than a slightly stronger team with an easy parameter

who's in?

*revised rules in posts ten and eleven

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voting won't work. People will just instinctively vote for the objectively stronger team regardless of parameter.

Imo, it'd be better if you had 11 different parameters with one for each round.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Agree with OS.. else u juz have to rate the best team yourself and be the draft runner n judge but not participate in it.. either way I m in.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I like dishing it out but not taking it, so can I contribute parameters but not participate in the actual draft?

Shady Slim

International Coach
Voting won't work. People will just instinctively vote for the objectively stronger team regardless of parameter.

Imo, it'd be better if you had 11 different parameters with one for each round.
actually this is pretty good, that way the parameters can be stricter and much more fun

so then it's eleven people at a maximum, each person gets the chance to contribute one parameter and the rest can be contributed by joe and i, sounds good

current entrants:
watson
kingkallis
AldoRaine18

Shady Slim

International Coach
this would also mean you don't need to chuck an email up, and again that parameters can be more ridiculous

watson

Banned
Just a thought.....

At the beginning of each round each participant is emailed (in secret) a parameter that is different to everyone elses. Each person picks in randomised order as usual. The parameters could be randomised as well so you don't have to deliberately designate a particular parameter to a particular person.

So for example, if there is question - 'Pick a player with only one arm' - then one person may get the parameter in round 2, but another person may get the parameter in round 9.

This method requires exactly 11 participants/parameters to make everything equal for everyone. That way everyone gets to use each of the 11 parameters, but it adds more unpredictability and tactics.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
okay so this is an alternative, is this a better or worse option than the current one?

Just a thought.....

At the beginning of each round each participant is emailed (in secret) a parameter that is different to everyone elses. Each person picks in randomised order as usual. The parameters could be randomised as well so you don't have to deliberately designate a particular parameter to a particular person.

So for example, if there is question - 'Pick a player with only one arm' - then one person may get the parameter in round 2, but another person may get the parameter in round 9.

This method requires exactly 11 participants/parameters to make everything equal for everyone. That way everyone gets to use each of the 11 parameters, but it adds more unpredictability and tactics.
entrants:
watson
kingkallis
AldoRaine18
TBP
Red Hill
honestbharani
Howe
OS