• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Carribean Premier League (June - August 2016)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Pooran's wicket-keeping does have its brilliant moments, but yeah, you'd also see some clangers of a grade not often sighted at Test or ODI level if they played him as a gloveman right now. It'll be quite interesting how a gloveman who mustered one fifty in 20 Tests like their selection chairman Courtney Browne goes about easing him in.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Two fantastic things happened in that last match.

Pooran you have already mentioned. What a talent. If he can improve his concentration when keeping he is going to solve all our wicket keeping woes. I really hope we can get him playing some FC cricket this year.

But it was Alzarri Joseph that really excited me. Holding his own against AB De Villiers on the charge, beating everyone for pace, hitting AB on the helmet. Why on earth this guy isn't in and around the test team, at a time when we are seriously struggling for fast bowlers, I'll never know.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, thought that was a seriously impressive T20 debut for Joseph.

_Ed_

Can't find any news on how Powell is doing after that collision yesterday. Has anyone heard anything?

TheJediBrah

Pooran's wicket-keeping does have its brilliant moments, but yeah, you'd also see some clangers of a grade not often sighted at Test or ODI level if they played him as a gloveman right now. It'll be quite interesting how a gloveman who mustered one fifty in 20 Tests like their selection chairman Courtney Browne goes about easing him in.
I found it a bit ironic that Courtney Browne was the one who dropped Ramdin because he wasn't scoring enough runs as keeper

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if in 2020, there'll still be talk of "young Pooran" getting a chance at 24. :p

WICB to probably continue its slightly patronising, 'slowly does it' vibe under Countney Browne.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol Jamaica lose 3 wickets in the first over chasing 129 to win.

Best bit is it includes a strangle down legside, a run out where the batsman just lazily didn't ground his bat, and a legside half volley pie flicked to fine leg :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
lmao Sanga out first ball of the second over. They're now 4 down for 2 runs. Gayle still yet to bat cos of his back injury too!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah. Drug cheat Dre Russ was entertaining and then Zampa took a ripper to get him out. AN injured gayle then came out and just slapped the **** out of it. Meanwhile Shakib has been batting very well.

Guyana will regret dropping Shakib, probably cost them the match

Peaceful5583

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
17 /18 year old Nicholas Pooran will be big star soon
39 ball 81 today in CPL
He is good wicket keeper too,

ajdude

International Coach
gee whiz Pooran hits them cleanly. remember his ton in the u19 World Cup a couple years ago, such a good knock

CzechMikey

Cricket Spectator
USA's Timroy Allen took 2/27 last night, good to see the ICC Americas having a slot in CPL squads. Would like to see something similar for other T20 leagues. You often see Irish, Scottish and Dutch players in the Blast.

Apart from that though few associate players get a chance in the big domestic competitions, the likes of Nabi and Shahzad are definitely good enough to be playing CPL, or at least be in the squad. They both were in the draft butt weren't picked.

Peaceful5583

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nicholas Pooran is new finds in wicketkeeper category, Elegant behind stumps and Dynamic batsman.It is too early to compare with him with others but yesterday Dowrich dropped Ash(113) and he went on to hit his 3rd test century put on big stand with Virat (200)

I think TALLAWAH enters in CPL final, todays game at 21.30 IST