• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Over Ever

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Tests
1st place Flintoff by weight of most supporting posts
2nd place Holding as that over is beyond belief.

ODIs
1) Chris Pringle – because I saw it live (that was a wide 1st ball by the way)
2) Akram 1992 world cup final

Thanks all :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never seen that one before. Can't remember Ambrose ever having much of a no-ball problem, he was one of the most disciplined bowlers out there.. plus he was bowling at Perth which was like his 2nd home. Looks like he was trying to do the tailenders a bit of damage there.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was very definitely trying to hurt the Aussie tailenders. One of a few jerk moments in Ambi's career, would probably be banned and fined nowadays,

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
To be able to get a hattrick on a pitch where 1-517 was scored makes this arguably the best ever over, on his birthday too.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be able to get a hattrick on a pitch where 1-517 was scored makes this arguably the best ever over, on his birthday too.
Thankful for Nuf's cherubic existence reminding us of the delectable wonder that is Peter Siddle with a red ball in his hand.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel Tony Greig got this wrong, the ball didn't nip back in at all, Mcgrath made very subtle change in his bowling line which got him the wicket.
Thought Hussain just made a mistake in not leaving it like the previous deliveries. Was outside the off stump and all.

Kirkut

International Regular
Thought Hussain just made a mistake in not leaving it like the previous deliveries. Was outside the off stump and all.
If you see that pitch map, I felt Mcgrath bowled those first 5 deliveries to figure out Hussain's comfort zone, then he bowled the sixth delivery somewhere between his comfort zone and the off stump line at a slightly fuller length compared to the previous ball, which would be very difficult for any batsman to judge whether to leave or play the ball.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
How about this for restricting (instead of taking wickets?)

And that to set Symonds and set Bevan.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How about this for restricting (instead of taking wickets?)

And that to set Symonds and set Bevan.
They ran three and despite needing 4 to tie they settled on three to protect their averages. Ridiculous. I realise there was little or no chance of making the 4th but you lose the game either way so why not try. I found that last ball frustrating to watch.