• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Niall

International Coach
I think they didn't play Jimmy and Broad that well in the most recent series in the UAE either?Even considering their block everything they bowl and hit the rest of the bowlers tactic..
They blocked them out and smashed the spinners.

Broad and Anderson did as well as anybody could with such a strategy against such a well drilled batting line up in their home conditions.

I don't think you can fault the tactics really, as they won the series 2-0.

Might have been interesting to see what plan they would have adopted if they weren't so confident they could milk the spinners so easily though.

However yeah, this time its going to be very different in England, quite a few of these guys with no experience outside the Sub continent are going to find it really hard. Heck its not just their lack of experience of tests outside the SC, very few of them have even played domestic cricket in England in the last few years.

Its going to be very important for the likes of Shan and Azhar try to blunt the new ball somewhat, the likes of Misbah and Younis won't particularly relish coming in at 10-2 against a rampant Anderson/Broad in English conditions.

smash84

The Tiger King
They blocked them out and smashed the spinners.

Broad and Anderson did as well as anybody could with such a strategy against such a well drilled batting line up in their home conditions.

I don't think you can fault the tactics really, as they won the series 2-0.

Might have been interesting to see what plan they would have adopted if they weren't so confident they could milk the spinners so easily though.

However yeah, this time its going to be very different in England, quite a few of these guys with no experience outside the Sub continent are going to find it really hard. Heck its not just their lack of experience of tests outside the SC, very few of them have even played domestic cricket in England in the last few years.

Its going to be very important for the likes of Shan and Azhar try to blunt the new ball somewhat, the likes of Misbah and Younis won't particularly relish coming in at 10-2 against a rampant Anderson/Broad in English conditions.
Agreed, but I think late in the english summer we should get 2 flat wickets and less overcast conditions which would mean the batting should get some respite. Of course they can absolutely get steam rolled in the remaining two tests.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
lol, the media already going with Borthwick at the top of the list to replace Compton. One month until the first test against Pakistan- Plenty of time for his form to fall away epically.

Compton

International Debutant
lol, the media already going with Borthwick at the top of the list to replace Compton. One month until the first test against Pakistan- Plenty of time for his form to fall away epically.
Borthwick is the next cab off the rank, and I don't think that a bad performance or two would change that.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really considering it Lord's test. We'd miss him more for the games in the Shires than in London.

Probably adds to our batting too as Stokes comes in for him and we have Woakes batting 9.

Shady Slim

International Coach
when was the last series pakistan played away from home... sri lanka?

and before that was it like... new zealand?