• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Peaceful5583

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Actually Shan Masood might make for a competitive opener in English conditions. He's lived in England and he has played cricket there too. good on the selectors to try sami aslam. Mohd Hafeez would be a walking wicket in overcast conditions.
Right Shan scored 1237 in school cricket in 2007 or 2009 I did not remember for Stamford, Shan was way to close to break Allister Cooks 1287 runs record for Bedford school.well that was past but who can forget Shan Masoods 125 in srilanka.chasing 382 in 4 th innings and Pakistan won that test.

Pakistan will be bats better than srilankan boys for sure.No wonder why jimmy successful vs Lanka but his next trip to Asian sub-continent will be good test for him in 7 test

Peaceful5583

Is he?
I thought uk government very stric for 10 years rule if person get jailed.

RF on Amir get visa

Last edited:

Peaceful5583

He is injured but new selector keep watching his progress for his future.Sohail khan fit plus in good form

RF
On Junaid khan

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Right Shan scored 1237 in school cricket in 2007 or 2009 I did not remember for Stamford, Shan was way to close to break Allister Cooks 1287 runs record for Bedford school.well that was past but who can forget Shan Masoods 125 in srilanka.chasing 382 in 4 th innings and Pakistan won that test.

Pakistan will be bats better than srilankan boys for sure.No wonder why jimmy successful vs Lanka but his next trip to Asian sub-continent will be good test for him in 7 test
Good point. I think Masood definitely looks one of the better choices amongst openers for Pakistan. At least it seems that he tries to puta a price on his wicket. I really hope his experience in English conditions comes good. And yes I had forgotten his record in school cricket. Although the jump up to international cricket is from school cricket is hugggeeee.

Niall

International Coach
Very much conflicting stories about.

Anyway Junaid has reacted quite well to been excluded.

Basically supposedly considering settling and playing for England.:laugh:

What a truly wretched self entitled attitude if true. The kid was given enough opportunities for Pakistan, but his trundling and all round crapness means Pakistan were absolute right to bin him.

Junaid mulling swapping England for Pakistan - The Express Tribune

Oh and play for England:laugh:

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not surprised, he's learnt from Senior Khan that wahhhing can book you a spot in the squad sometimes.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Would love to hear many more people scream at the top of their voices asking why he's allowed to play after Mohammad Amir takes a bagful.

Groundking

International Debutant
not necessarily. The middle order is decent. At the very least the middle order will make them work in 2 of the 4 tests i would reckon.
You're forgetting that Pakistan are Jimmy's bunny team, he's take 45 wickets @ 17.06 against them, and it's not like Broad's record against them isn't also pretty good at 34 @ 23.05.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The Pakistan batting order that toured in 2010 was well acknowledged to be rat****, to be fair. This one has built its reputation on batting in Asia alone (last time they left Asia they got rolled in SA) so I can see Anderson beating them again, but they're still a far, far better batting side than six years ago.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually managing to hide it for an entire tour would be a good return too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Pakistan batting order that toured in 2010 was well acknowledged to be rat****, to be fair. This one has built its reputation on batting in Asia alone (last time they left Asia they got rolled in SA) so I can see Anderson beating them again, but they're still a far, far better batting side than six years ago.
I think they didn't play Jimmy and Broad that well in the most recent series in the UAE either?Even considering their block everything they bowl and hit the rest of the bowlers tactic..