• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LLok I'm frustrated by Vince too, but in the end he's got 81 runs in this Test match, and shared in some vital stands, can't see him not playing at the Oval. Pitch will help his strokeplay too.
Yeah, think he will play. They did not drop Lyth last year, I know he had that century behind him but he never looked like scoring any runs. No 50 in six Tests is obviously cause to be dropped but England tend to stick with batsmen for a series and it is largely a good thing.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe because people were expecting more from him. He's picking up wickets now and then but did not quite run through the line up yet. That's the reason probably.
Correct. And that's exactly the conversation I have been having. Everyone was expecting him to start off from 6/84 at Lords 6 years ago. That's not going to happen. He made his debut in 2009, and it took him about a year to get to that level. We have to treat this as another debut. Give him a year or so to develop his game all over again.
He has still been the most consistent and controlled of the Pak seamers overall this series.

Stace

First Class Debutant
He scored over 300 runs in the last match...
I know i'm being harsh on him of course but he has 2 hundreds in his last 15 matches, he has 1 brilliant innings a series then gets out playing loose shots the rest of the time when set. If he was legitimately great he'd convert a lot more.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Similar match situation to when NZ were at Lords last year, with fewer runs all round mind you

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah draw heavy favourite, Pakistan win next. They can make things happen much more quickly than England from here

91Jmay

International Coach
There we go. Big weakness for Ballance 3 times in a row. Why do our batsmen constantly do the same dumb ****. So frustrating. Pakistan on top now

Compton

International Debutant
Does anyone in the England set up genuinely believe that Vince-Ballance is the solution to England's middle order?

Niall

International Coach
250-275+ lead and I don't see Pakistan chasing this, heck I could see Pakistan closing up shop once they lose a few wickets.

However going to be tough to get to that, Pakistan bar Sohail bowling well here.

Top contest.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan have done about as well as they can today. We're going absolutely nowhere at the moment.