• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is what I was waiting for. Nass to be back and talk a little bit about Misbah's approach so maligned by Botham, Holding and Warne. Nass gets him because there's a bit of Misbah in his heart.

smash84

The Tiger King
Only way pakistan have a chance now is if they get the next 6 wickets in 40 odd runs. Which looks impossible

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, not even saying this because of Scaly but Borthwick is not necessarily the obvious option, certainly not the only one.

Niall

International Coach
Also, not even saying this because of Scaly but Borthwick is not necessarily the obvious option, certainly not the only one.
The only other one I think is moving Ali into the top six and making room for Rashid which is probably not a bad idea if it spins. Is their any other options?

Niall

International Coach
Sohail looking toothless in this innings
Aye not built for test cricket it seems. Reminds me a lot of Bhuvi in the last few tests in 2014 after Dhoni broke him.

To be fair the others have been pretty solid today, not exactly peak bowling conditions against a side who for the most part have batted pretty sensibly.

Niall

International Coach
I realise Moeen is a lot looser at 8. But I can't see him being a goer in the top 6. No more than Vince is.
Maybe, and as someone who thought it was a top idea for him to open in the UAE, I need to be careful:laugh:

He definitely is good enough to bat in the top six and you suspect with the added responsibility of a batting promotion, he may bat a little more responsibly than he does when he bats at eight where sometimes he looks like he has Abroad "not arsed" type attitude.

Pothas

The only other one I think is moving Ali into the top six and making room for Rashid which is probably not a bad idea if it spins. Is their any other options?
There are the young but unproven types such as Bell-Drummond and Duckett but then you have someone like Sam Robson, or even Hildreth. Borthwick has had another good year, he has become a good county batsman, won't complain if they pick him but he is not clearly above others in county cricket?

Stace

First Class Debutant
Nah, dire post. Root has already played for match winning innings than Bell - who also never had a run of form nearly this good. He is frustrating but legitimately great.
Well that's not true is it considering Bell had a spell averaging 89 in 19 matches with 8 hundreds (only 3 less then Roots entire career). I don't think you can say for sure Root is legitimately great yet that's far far too early to say.

Pothas

Well that's not true is it considering Bell had a spell averaging 89 in 19 matches with 8 hundreds (only 3 less then Roots entire career). I don't think you can say for sure Root is legitimately great yet that's far far too early to say.
So actually Bell was pretty good at converting during that great run of form he had...

91Jmay

International Coach
Didn't that include averaging 200 against Bangladesh?

grecian

LLok I'm frustrated by Vince too, but in the end he's got 81 runs in this Test match, and shared in some vital stands, can't see him not playing at the Oval. Pitch will help his strokeplay too.