• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends what you mean by a decent length of time, but Warner and Rogers spring to mind.
I suppose I was thinking a couple of years at least. They definitely count, though it doesn't feel like we've had many good ones since the halcyon days of Strauss/Cook, Sehwag/Gambhir and Iqbal/Kayes.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the bowl first decision has been a good one despite the amount of runs we have already.

Vince won't last long.
50-2 after the first hour doesn't make it a good decision. Particularly as Pakistan have Hales on toast as soon as the ball does anything, and Root played a pretty crap shot, and Pakistan actually held two catches.

To bowl first you really have to get a 50-100 run lead to compensate for batting last, when you could have had England batting last v Yasir Shah.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
50-2 after the first hour doesn't make it a good decision. Particularly as Pakistan have Hales on toast as soon as the ball does anything, and Root played a pretty crap shot, and Pakistan actually held two catches.

To bowl first you really have to get a 50-100 run lead to compensate for batting last, when you could have had England batting last v Yasir Shah.
They will be delighted to have 2 in the opening hour, they will think they can have 4 by lunch given our middle order frailty.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes this is ridiculous umpiring but do care to point out that Ian Botham is directly responsible for this Warne and Nas.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They will be delighted to have 2 in the opening hour, they will think they can have 4 by lunch given our middle order frailty.
The middle order frailty is always there. They'd back themselves to get Hales when the ball does owt. Which it will likely do all match. Root is the big wicket and he played a **** shot.

the big bambino

International Captain
350 looks a heck of a long way off right now. I know that the Pakistan batting is brittle, but there's a psychological benefit from bowling your opponents out cheaply first.
Indeed. You wouldn't have found a psychologically happier person than me when Oz hustled Lanka out for 117.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The order they come in later will be interesting. The cricinfo scorecard has it Bairstow, Woakes then Moeen. Will Woakes bat at 7 ahead of a guy with a ton this summer?

greg

International Debutant
Vince should have told him not to bother. Didn't show sufficient strength of character for me...