Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Name that match! Aussie (?) fumbles a ball about six times and ends up dropping it.

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar

Name that match! Aussie (?) fumbles a ball about six times and ends up dropping it.

Hi there, I've been searching all over and I'm having a hell of a time finding out when a certain ODI was. This is the information I know about it:

1) It involved New Zealand and either South Africa or Australia. I'm highly confident it was Australia.
    2) I'm pretty sure it was McGrath that dropped a possible C&B after a New Zealander hit it straight up - literally. And when it came back down, the McGrath (or whoever it was) fumbled it about five or six times - before it fell down to the ground. Bugger, eh?
    3) I'm sure it was a day-nighter.

Any ideas? I'm going to lose sleep over this one, I swear... it's even featured in a Minties TV ad over in NZ. xD

Carlton & United Series, 1997/98, 3rd Match
    Australia v New Zealand
    Adelaide Oval (day/night)
    7 December 1997 (50-overs match)

New Zealand won the toss and batted first.

Could that possibly be it?
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Possibly... I'm doing my best to search regarding that series, now. I'm trying to get some kind of page that my friend can read about it on, since we were talking about the funniest sporting moments that we could remember, and he's English so had no idea about that series. xD Thanks. If only CricInfo had decent reports back then.

Thread Information