• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name that match! Aussie (?) fumbles a ball about six times and ends up dropping it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hi there, I've been searching all over and I'm having a hell of a time finding out when a certain ODI was. This is the information I know about it:

1) It involved New Zealand and either South Africa or Australia. I'm highly confident it was Australia.
2) I'm pretty sure it was McGrath that dropped a possible C&B after a New Zealander hit it straight up - literally. And when it came back down, the McGrath (or whoever it was) fumbled it about five or six times - before it fell down to the ground. Bugger, eh?
3) I'm sure it was a day-nighter.

Any ideas? I'm going to lose sleep over this one, I swear... it's even featured in a Minties TV ad over in NZ. xD

Cloete

International Captain
Carlton & United Series, 1997/98, 3rd Match
Australia v New Zealand
Adelaide Oval (day/night)
7 December 1997 (50-overs match)

New Zealand won the toss and batted first.

Could that possibly be it?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Possibly... I'm doing my best to search regarding that series, now. I'm trying to get some kind of page that my friend can read about it on, since we were talking about the funniest sporting moments that we could remember, and he's English so had no idea about that series. xD Thanks. If only CricInfo had decent reports back then.