• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Web Podcast #13 - I Don't Have A Segue For This One

cnerd123

likes this
Also, feel free to share the Podcast with whomever you think may be interested. We're trying to reach a wider audience and cover a broader range of topics this time around; making it less CW-centric.

I've advertised it on Reddit, so if you could hop over to the thread there and upvote it and maybe leave a comment that would be really appreciated too :)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome job guy's......interesting listen as always. ***** sounding much better with the new mike too.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Just listened to the first five 5 mins or so to see what it's like. Will listen to the whole thing sometime this weekend.

One thing to comment is that I struggled to understand *****. Perhaps speak slower and a bit more clearer instead of fastrapidsentencesinanindianaccent.

Apart from that, good stuff. Not sure if anyone's told you this, but you sound remarkably similar to Nick Knight:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's Daymon ffs.

Also does it matter who's end is recording the skype conversation? Maybe if ***** records it his side will be clearer with a bit of a hit to Howe. Personally I can hear you both are saying perfectly fine though.

The point about Anderson and the motm I agree with. If they're going to give these to batsmen who score hard runs, they gotta start giving it to bowlers who take like 6-100ish in batting dominated games. (Not going to crawl through archives to find examples though lolyoukids)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Great work lads as usual. You two are really good at not interrupting each other, that's not an easy skill to have.

My favourite bit of the pod was:
Z "spark's just come online"
H "yeah, ah.. we've just finished though"
Z "oh"
:)

The whole total runs divided by wickets will never happen. It is kind of an interesting stat but can you imagine the outrage if Sri Lanka decides to declare at 7 for 150 because they don't want Pradeep and co to bat OR in an ODI a team plays a Gavaskar-like innings and finishes say 1/123 (50) when chasing 6/265.

Bring back the themed teams!

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Thank you for getting the new mic. My ears now love you. Now time to get sponsorship from Casper Mattresses, Me Undies, DDP Yoga and when you finally hit the big leagues: squarespace.