• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tour still a couple of months away but putting up the thread as the squad for the tour has been named.

~

DATE AND TIME MATCH WEATHER

Tue Jul 26 - Sat Jul 30 10:00 local (04:30 GMT | 14:30 AEST | 14:00 ACST | 12:30 AWST)
1st Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
N/A
Thu Aug 4 - Mon Aug 8 10:00 local (04:30 GMT | 14:30 AEST | 14:00 ACST | 12:30 AWST)
2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Galle International Stadium
N/A
Sat Aug 13 - Wed Aug 17 10:00 local (04:30 GMT | 14:30 AEST | 14:00 ACST | 12:30 AWST)
3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo
N/A
Sun Aug 21
1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
N/A
Wed Aug 24
2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
N/A
Sun Aug 28
3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium
N/A
Wed Aug 31
4th ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium
N/A
Sun Sep 4
5th ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
N/A
Tue Sep 6
1st T20I - Sri Lanka v Australia Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
N/A
Fri Sep 9
2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v Australia R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
N/A

~

Australian Test Squad:

1. Steve Smith (NSW) (c)
2. David Warner (NSW) (vc)
3. Peter Nevill (NSW)
4. Josh Hazlewood (NSW)
5. Moises Henriques (NSW)
6. Nathan Lyon (NSW)
7. Stephen O'Keefe (NSW)
8. Mitchell Starc (NSW)
9. Nathan Coulter-Nile (WA)
10. Adam Voges (WA)
11. Shaun Marsh (WA)
12. Mitchell Marsh (WA)
13. Joe Burns (QLD)
14. Usman Khawaja (QLD)
15. Jackson Bird (TAS)

TheJediBrah

Should be a good series. Australia being **** in Asia should make it competitive.

Henriques in and Maxwell not in is interesting

OverratedSanity

If the pitches continue to be like what sri lanka have produced recently, I expect Australia to win. Should be a good series.

Also, thumbs up for three tests.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Jeez the selectors rate Coota don't they?
can't imagine he'll get a game though unless there's a few injuries, you'd think they'll go with starc, haze and the two spinners and even then bird would have to be the next pacer picked given he took 5 in the last test we played

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No Memeswell, thank heavens.

Tbh I think the only reason Coulter-Nile is there is because Patto is dead and we need at least one right-arm bowler who is fast but has all the control of a teenager's penis in a room of naked women. Won't play if Starc is fit.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Will be at the first odi..can't wait..we will perform better on home wickets - as all teams do..should be a good series..

91Jmay

International Coach
Don't think Sri Lanka have the spinners to threaten Aus. Herath is good but he is a hit the pads/stumps type spinner not a turner of the ball. Hope one of the Sri Lankan bats has a breakout series and Mathews does a Mathews.

Gnske

Actually really interested to see how Burns does in the sub-continent. His whole MO against spin last summer was to dance down to anything he wanted to attack and hit it over long off.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Herath becomes pretty dangerous when he's turning the ball even somewhat because he's attacking both edges. See what Babar did to Australia in the UAE to work out how dangerous that is to Australian players.

Let alone O'Keefe's career FC record.

Think Coulter-Nile will be looked at because of reverse and pace - don't agree with it but reckon it could well happen.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, true. Aus will need to change their mindset against spin I think, way to aggressive all the time. Voges could be in for another monster tour.

Spikey

Vic kinda said it already but after the last Indian + UAE tours, i feel like the ones that threaten both edges might be more dangerous against the australians than the big turners.

Spikey

i thought they might pick head but look smarsh has actually been decent lately

Gnske

Aw cmon, Darsh is a certified meme but that SA ton was pretty quality, same innings that The People's Dunce saw fit to call his own century in the same innings his best yet.

Besides, who wouldn't want to see him run out on 99 at least one more time.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Given his age and the fact he very much is who he is (capable of great innings followed by a dire run of form) I am surprised Smarsh was picked. Would have thought they'd blood a youngster.