• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So what is the story with SOK?? Will he bat if required or are the Aussies essentially batting with 10 men?

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
That's sometimes all it takes to end a career at his age

Who cares. I'm more interested in finding out whether Australia doctor their home pitches or not.
Pakistan will struggle on flat batting paradises with a bit of bounce that don't take any spin. I imagine cricket Aus will prepare pitches just like that to keep the bloated averages of their batsmen up and avoid them having to play any swing or spin.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am a bit more hopeful about YK simply because he managed to survive that early uncomfortable phase in 2 innings. In both, he started looking a bit more comfortable as the he occupied the crease, and gave away his wicket to Moeen Ali which you can call error in judgement rather than technique or ability. Having watched YK for his entire career, this is not the first time I have seen him struggle like this. His first morning against Australia in the 2014 series was bad. I saw him struggle like this in South Africa and still manage a hundred. What he is going through is not unique.. I have read various great batsmen express similar kind of situations in their careers where they felt they did not quite belong there. Whether YK will come out on top or not, I don't know and yes you are right, his age is against him and he is not going to get 3 more years, probably the end of current season. There is already talk about moving Shafiq up the order.
Quite true. The fact that Younis was able to graft out at least a few starts is promising. Ironically him getting those starts was what kept him at the crease long enough to show us that he wasn't batting well.

Wouldn't surprise me if he got a good score some time this series... He always seems to find a way.

TheJediBrah

Pakistan will struggle on flat batting paradises with a bit of bounce that don't take any spin. I imagine cricket Aus will prepare pitches just like that to keep the bloated averages of their batsmen up and avoid them having to play any swing or spin.
At least you're good comedy value, I'll give you that

91Jmay

International Coach
Quite true. The fact that Younis was able to graft out at least a few starts is promising. Ironically him getting those starts was what kept him at the crease long enough to show us that he wasn't batting well.

Wouldn't surprise me if he got a good score some time this series... He always seems to find a way.
Cook did drop an absolute clanger in the 2nd dig, so I think his technique is still a bit suspect.

91Jmay

International Coach
I worry they are only going to get 50 overs tops in tomorrow. Would hate this game to end in a draw, has been great. Not using the floodlights is total crap.

Groundking

International Debutant
Younus wouldn't get into a world XI and Cook has scored the most runs at the highest average (since 2010) whilst opening in England. Cook is a clearly superior batter IMO.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I really hope rain/bad light doesn't ruin this match. I'm not usually one of those people who supports the opposition but I think this is one of the few times I wouldn't mind an opposition win. C'mon Sri Lanka!

TheJediBrah

If it is reduced overs, I just hope Australia don't **** it up by being overly aggressive, "draw is just as bad as a loss" attitude. Wouldn't mind us playing for a draw once or twice when it's sensible. Take a leaf out of South Africa's book.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If it is reduced overs, I just hope Australia don't **** it up by being overly aggressive, "draw is just as bad as a loss" attitude. Wouldn't mind us playing for a draw once or twice when it's sensible. Take a leaf out of South Africa's book.
Always play for the win. More likely to lose trying to play for the draw than trying to win.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I worry they are only going to get 50 overs tops in tomorrow. Would hate this game to end in a draw, has been great. Not using the floodlights is total crap.
100%. One of the very best test matches on the cards to be ruined by dumb administration............only in cricket.

TheJediBrah

Always play for the win. More likely to lose trying to play for the draw than trying to win.
Really though? Maybe if the players had such little skill in defensive batting that it as higher risk for them than going on the attack.

I'm not convinced that they'd get bowled out quicker playing defensively than aggressively.