• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
SOK doing his best to make an all NSW attack happen.

Wonder when the last single state attack occurred. I can't think of a recent one.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burns' half century featured five boundaries and a straight six off Siriwardana's bowling.
Interesting sign that he's going to be sticking to the "loft every spinner in the air down the ground" tactic.

91Jmay

International Coach
Vaughan is on twitter so we get to hear him a lot. Genuine question.. what else has Sanath done? I haven't really heard anything spicy from him
Calling the Sri Lankan bowling attack the best in the world prior to the England series was itstl

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's a **** and always has been. Still remember how he demanded an ice bath after a bull**** club t20 when he came here. Dumb, fat, bald, ugly ****. No wonder he became a politician.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
question to the Aussies, why isn't Zampa in the squad, from the little of him I have seen in t20's he seems to have a lot more about him that Lyon? Is he injured or just classed as a t20 player only?

Gob

International Coach
question to the Aussies, why isn't Zampa in the squad, from the little of him I have seen in t20's he seems to have a lot more about him that Lyon? Is he injured or just classed as a t20 player only?
Yes in t20's. Lyon is the first choice spinner by a street and his record proves that

TheJediBrah

That question gets asked constantly on these boards. He averages 50 in First-class cricket and hasn't done anything recently except in short form.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyon is most definitely the first choice test spinner and rightly so. But I would have expected Australia to go with 2 spinners and Zampa would be a better pick than Keefe who played in UAE.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
given what yasir shah has just done to england, expect australia to pick the next young leggie shane warne tells them to on the basis that we need one to beat england

adub

International Captain
given what yasir shah has just done to england, expect australia to pick the next young leggie shane warne tells them to on the basis that we need one to beat england
I'm more expecting Warne to say how big a fan of SOK he's always been and how he's long thought he should have had more goes in the Test side.

Spikey

I'm more expecting Warne to say how big a fan of SOK he's always been and how he's long thought he should have had more goes in the Test side.
nah no way. if anything, if warne is still commentating in england while our series starts, he'll go to great lengths to throw SOK under the bus

adub

International Captain
nah no way. if anything, if warne is still commentating in england while our series starts, he'll go to great lengths to throw SOK under the bus
You're expecting consistency from SK Warne? He's quite capable of doing both in the same commentary stint, if not the same sentence.

Top_Cat

In line with Spikey as usual. Warne more likey more likely to wonder why are we picking a spinner who doesn't turn it enough for Test cricket when could pick a young gun who'll get carted but might develop and wreck Bangladesh once.