• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia produced a greentop in Melbourne for the 2010 Ashes and the test match was unsurprisingly over by Tea on Day one.

Cricket Aus and the curators know perfectly well what surfaces suit their batsmen.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This entire board was praying for Rhino to get those extra 7 runs.
Oh come on mate, if I left you wouldn't have any reason to troll the board 24 hours a day examining my posts with a metaphorical fine-toothed comb in desperation to try and find something you perceive as wrong with something I've posted so you can disagree and insult me.

Seriously what would you do with yourself.

Australian pitches are absolute roads these days. Hence the clown shoes average for a fairly bog standard player like Voges. Smith also comes across as a flat track bully.
Know I'm responding to a troll but,

Voges averages 67 away. And a lot of that has been in some very difficult conditions. Smith averages pretty much the exact same at home as away, ~60

Do you even know how condescending and arrogant you come across??
It's really hard when people try to argue such bizarrely silly points that have absolutely no basis in fact. When you're forced to point out the blindingly obvious it's almost impossible, no matter how polite you try to be.

Gob

International Coach
Smitteh shot was atrocious Nevill less so but rest got good balls. And **** off with the pitch debate its as boring as bat size debate

TheJediBrah

Australia produced a greentop in Melbourne for the 2010 Ashes and the test match was unsurprisingly over by Tea on Day one.

Cricket Aus and the curators know perfectly well what surfaces suit their batsmen.
Come on Adders be a little more subtle with your multis next time

This is the exact same erroneous and irrelevant argument you kept throwing out there last time this discussion came up

Daemon

Do you even know how condescending and arrogant you come across??
Is this your first time reading any of his posts? It's basically how he's been posting since day 1.

1) Post something incorrect and state it as a matter of fact

2) Express exaggerated disbelief when 90% of the forum calls him out on it

3) On the rare occasion where something gets through and he realises he's wrong, "haha i was trolling"

Gob

International Coach

This guy is dropping some serious truth bombs

TheJediBrah

Is this your first time reading any of his posts? It's basically how he's been posting since day 1.

3) On the rare occasion where something gets through and he realises he's wrong, "haha i was trolling"
lost me here

seriously, I don't argue about things I'm wrong about. Because I don't know about things I'm wrong about, so I would freely admit my ignorance and defer to someone who does know about said things. If you find me genuinely "arguing" about something, you can bet your house it's not "incorrect"

Last edited:

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
Come on Adders be a little more subtle with your multis next time

This is the exact same erroneous and irrelevant argument you kept throwing out there last time this discussion came up
I have no idea what this means. But congrats on ignoring my original observation.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i like our move of promoting KJP..If he comes off, he can be the guy to score quickly and put the pressure back onto Aus..
edit- kiss of death...:blink:

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I have no idea what this means. But congrats on ignoring my original observation.
Ah you must have missed it:

Know I'm responding to a troll but,

Voges averages 67 away. And a lot of that has been in some very difficult conditions. Smith averages pretty much the exact same at home as away, ~60
And why a single questionable instance from 6 years ago is not really relevant to a modern discussion should be self evident

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Sometimes #3 is replaced by "haha you're a loser for possessing knowledge I didn't"

Burgey

No, Australian pitches are not prepared in a particular way at all. Hard, fast, flat surfaces actually just occur naturally, like shrubs.

The other day I was walking in the lake district and halfway up Grisedale Pike I found a lovely concrete-hard cricket pitch with no discernable movement. It's a little known fact that birds and small rodents often clear away the heather in these 22-yard strips in order to build their nests.

It's a shame that cricketing authorities outside of Australia don't take advantage of these charming natural resources and instead mercilessly chop up their perfectly flat wickets in devious attempts to cheat.
I like you Howe but of late there have been some kinda odd comparisons/ examples in a few of your posts.

This was one of them.