• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Squad for Zimbabwe and West Indies Tours

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kedhar Jadhav and Manish Pandey haven't got to bat all series because KL Rahul and Co. are playing extremely conservatively up the order. Don't know if they think this shines a good light on them. Their strike rates against this Zimbabwe bowling attack has been awful, They should be trying to score quicker, but are too scared to lose their wickets. Horrible.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kedhar Jadhav and Manish Pandey haven't got to bat all series because KL Rahul and Co. are playing extremely conservatively up the order. Don't know if they think this shines a good light on them. Their strike rates against this Zimbabwe bowling attack has been awful, They should be trying to score quicker, but are too scared to lose their wickets. Horrible.
C'mon, why would they throw away their wickets unnecessarily to give others a chance to bat? Then you'd be accusing them of complacency and their own place in the team would be under threat.

harsh.ag

C'mon, why would they throw away their wickets unnecessarily to give others a chance to bat? Then you'd be accusing them of complacency and their own place in the team would be under threat.
Nah I won't. It's one thing to play at 5 an over and another to play at 3.5, man. This is ODI cricket in 2016. Not acceptable. I mean, who thinks more highly of these guys after their last three innings? No one wants batting like this in the ODI circuit nowadays.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Faiz Fazal (who is this guy anyway?) may never get another chance to bat for India.. might as well make the most of it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
And people like harsh are still not happy. They wanted Zimbabwe 0/30 in 5 overs and India 31/0 in 1 over.

harsh.ag

Yeah, I am not happy. Saw Rayudu bat at a strike rate of 50 in the first game. Today, 45/0 after 12 overs again. **** that. At least try to show your prowess.

Must admit, they sped things up there in the later half. Think I am more pissed at Rayudu than anyone else, I guess.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni needs a 4 off the last ball, but no dice!

Fantastic scenes, happy for Zimbabwe here. This means so much to them.

That was a fantastic last over. Not easy defending 8.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Close match indeed, but the Indians had their weak spots that Zimbabwe capitalised on- and no, they're not second-string players that Ntini wanted to crush. First-choice player Rayudu is not T20I material. He doesn't have the strike power to make a difference here, and that was what made a difference- besides Chigumbura smashing seven sixes and JDU, getting smashed for four.

Mandeep Singh is new to the team. He needs more games, but the four-days-and-over variety, not this. He can build an innings, he can stitch together partnerships, but plenty of big shots in an innings are not something he can do.

Good game for Jazz. He's quickly developing into a very productive limited-overs bowler for India. As long as he's got the pace and the strike rate, he can make a difference for the team.

Not such a good game for Rishi Dhawan. He's a swing bowler who can make the ball talk in helpful conditions- but here, he's just Hardik Pandya with no pace. Having cut out Pandya from this tour, with not too many all-rounders to choose from, they'll have to play him a lot longer. His batting, though, is hard to comment on since it's his first game, and he played only the last over.

It appears a well-fought game, against a team that somehow got its act together, but India seem to still be clueless or indifferent with the way they approach T20Is.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hope that's the first and last time we'll see Unadkat and Rishi in this tour.

All the media bashed Dhoni for not experimenting with these guys - Dhoni has just shown why he didn't do that earlier. Now I hope the media doesn't do a somersault and blame Dhoni's captaincy for the loss.

Last edited:

grecian

Cremer and Madziva were such big misses for Zim at the t20 World Cup. They're not awful at this form. Is Jongwe permanently broken?