• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

V Reddy

International Debutant
You guys are saying Sehwag was dropped 5 times. They were hardly that easy and i can only remember 4 at present as haven't watched much cricket.

Sami - Dropped one easy one in the outfield of Saqlain

Saqlain - Dropped a very hard one at midon of Shoiab. He had to come running in and dive to the left and it only hit the edge of his fingers.

Umar - Dropped two catches of one Shabbir over when Sehwag was in his 280's . I think it was b'coz they weren't anticipating a catch as a wicket hadn't fallen for almost a day and the first one barely touched his fingers while the second one, it didn't even touch their hands.

If you count Saqlain as a catch that should be taken then Dravid dropped 2-3 of Kumble in the slips , Sehwag dropped Umar in leg slip on the end of second day ,etc,. Umar dropped catched when the damage was already done.

shankar

International Debutant
Great performance by India to take 13 wickets in a day on a dead pitch that too without zaheer.

1'st 10 wickets of the match cost 996 runs
last 14 wickets - 293 runs. Gives the impression that the pitch has changed dramatically, but it hasnt.

Last edited:

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
really? oh wait i was expecting a last wicket partnership of 300 runs between shabbir ahmad and yousuf youhana
*LOL*

congrats India fans, all I can say is that there are two more to go and hope Pakistan will come good. And yes I have come to rue my senetence about "I dont think India can bowl out Pakistan twice in 3 days" :) . Still freaky though, pakistan batting that is.

rgrds

NikhilN

International Regular
shankar said:
Great performance by India to take 13 wickets in a day on a dead pitch that too without zaheer.

1'st 10 wickets of the match cost 996 runs
last 14 wickets - 293 runs. Gives the impression that the pitch has changed dramatically, but it hasnt.

Not much change with the pitch...its just that pakistan cant bat...or bowl

Craig

World Traveller
Where is the credit for Yousef Youhana? He's made a 100 and there isnt any credit for him...

Without him, Pakistan would of been all out by now.

Amazing this is Youhana's 15 FC 100 for somebody who is pretty talented.

JUst like I said!

India beat Pak by an innings margin, like i predicted.

Kumble Destroyed Pak Batters (the so "called"), and Indian pacers (pathan in particula) fared much better than the crappy Pak pacers.

So all my prediction came true:saint:

wahindiawah

Banned
Proud Indian said:
Not much change with the pitch...its just that pakistan cant bat...or bowl

Nor can they field:lol: .

This Pak team is a joke, barring 2-3 individuals, rest are all half skilled men.

Maybe India should search their pre-school team to find some quality batsmen for Pakistan.And the so called "mighty Pak pacers" should be send to India to get trained in MRF accademy where they will be able to learn the basics of fast bowling.

Last edited:

wahindiawah

Banned
tooextracool said:
this pakistan team cant bat,bowl or field. wonder how they manage to beat nz in nz.their bowlers bowl a mile outside offstump and their batsmen cant play ordinary spin bowling which is horrible for any team that plays in the sub continent. this series rekindles memories of their performance against australia in 02 and you hafta wonder how a side so talented could play so badly.
Thats because they played against a DEPLETED NZ side, had they played against a full-strength NZ at home it would have been a different story.

This same side lost to SA in SA badly and even struggled to beat Bang at home.Frankly there isn't much talent comming up in Pakistan to take the place of greats like W's,Anwar and Mushtaq.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
This same side lost to SA in SA badly and even struggled to beat Bang at home.
But also beat South Africa out of sight at home, and there's not many teams that have done that recently.

They're such an inconsistent lot that 2-1 to Pakistan wouldn't surprise me, but neither would 3-0.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Congrats to all Indian and cricket loving fans!!'

Whats the bet on India winning the series 3-0??
Very, very possible - but knowing the fickle nature of the Pakistan side, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come storming back.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Very, very possible - but knowing the fickle nature of the Pakistan side, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come storming back.
Indeed. Pakistan IMO are the most dangerous side in the world because you just never know when they will fire.
And when they fire, be someplace else.

If India want to win this series, they will have to play just as well if not better in the remaining 2 tests.

masterblaster

International Captain
Oh yeah, absolutely. All Pakistan need is one major devestating spell from that speed king Shoaib Akhtar, and all India's hard work could be undone.

On the positives for Pakistan Inzy, Youhana and Hameed are in good form, but Shabbir and Sami need to step up. I have no doubts that they will step up, which is bad news for us.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
masterblaster said:
Oh yeah, absolutely. All Pakistan need is one major devestating spell from that speed king Shoaib Akhtar, and all India's hard work could be undone.
I think we shouldn't be depending upon Shoaib Akhtar so much who isn't really performing well, we simply cannot wait for that devastating spell which comes rather after quite a long time. Pakistan is struggling with their bowlers at the moment, for me they are yet to find a better strike bowler who can perform consistently and under pressure.