• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Limited Overs All-rounder of all time, tournament/voting thread

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You seem to be in a frame of mind that everything is a competition and people are naturally trying to prove superiority over each other or something, I don't know.
Trust me on this, TJB, when I say this is precisely the view we hold of you. Every one of your posts strengthens that view the more I come across them.

edit: you know, I can actually see why you may have made the erroneous inference you did, given that my "irrelevant" post quoted yours. You can rest assured though that nothing I had to say had anything to with "Sl v India" or any history there that I couldn't care less about either way.
The inference was the correct one in the light of the fact that the quoting was done. The fallacious quoting was the erroneous part there.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You don't have to try and be like me though
That's fair. No one's perfect. People are human and sometimes do tend to respond in like fashion when confronted with behaviour they do not appreciate. I do not know if that's necessarily excusable behaviour.

Reminds of the American Politics thread of late, tbh, with the anti-Trump faction descending to the level of discourse Trump would be proud of.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's fair. No one's perfect. People are human and sometimes do tend to respond in like fashion when confronted with behaviour they do not appreciate. I do not know if that's necessarily excusable behaviour.

Reminds of the American Politics thread of late, tbh.
fair enough. I should have just ignored your initial jab rather than responded out of annoyance.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The inference was the correct one in the light of the fact that the quoting was done. The fallacious quoting was the erroneous part there.
You want to know what's really funny? I don't think I actually intended to quote anything and when I made that post I just pressed the quote button instead of the normal reply without realizing.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I am glad that Kapil Dev is getting a lot of support in this thread. I think he was an outstanding all rounder, dependable with the ball, had that X factor with the bat and his fielding was top notch. Whether he deserves to be rated above guys like Flintoff and Watson is debatable, but he was the best in ODIs in his time. If he would have retired 2-3 years early, his stats would have been a lot better.