• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When was Azharuddin forgiven?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like seriously, I must have missed this. Over the last few months, he seems to have gone from the man who almost killed Indian cricket to this misunderstood hero. The **** almost destroyed the game and now he's being treated like a god on television during the IPL broadcast. Why? Because his son died? Because of that absolute farce of an episode where his ban was "lifted"?

Just in time for the release of that scummy as **** (and totally 100% factual 8-) ) movie based on his life too. Makes me sick to my stomach. Had to say it.

anil1405

International Captain
TRP for the new movie. Hate the way he is being treated with royalty on all possible PR platforms just coz a movie based on his career is few days away from release.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
TRP for the new movie. Hate the way he is being treated with royalty on all possible PR platforms just coz a movie based on his career is few days away from release.
This.

The scummy INC may have forgiven him, but I certainly haven't.

OverratedSanity

It's the movie for sure, yeah.

I'm also astonished at how many of our dumbass general public have bought into the narrative of him not actually being a self confessed cheating asshole. To see him now being paraded around as this heroic figure is so sickening. None of the media have been pointing this nonsense out either. It's all so blatanty ****ed up.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

I'm also astonished at how many of our dumbass general public have bought into the narrative of him not actually being a self confessed cheating asshole. To see him now being paraded around as this heroic figure is so sickening. None of the media have been pointing this nonsense out either. It's all so blatanty ****ed up.
Don't forget when he tried to play the minority card.

anil1405

International Captain
It's all a well planned set up from the media and Bollywood circles. To make him look like a hero for a brief period and then even they wouldn't care what the rest of his life would look like. And the public fall for it.

Majority of the cricket fans would hate to see how he is being treated right now.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Hey look on the bright side - at least we won't be voting him onto a list of greatest Indians like the Saffers did with Cronje.

Burner

International Regular
You guys are over-reacting. Even murderers and serial killers get treated like royalty when a movie is released about their life. This is probably going to be his last 15 minutes of fame before he gets banished into obscurity anyway.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We now look at the surrounding circumstances eg his mental state at the time, stress of the captaincy or some bull****

In 2016 we like to view criminals as more sympathetic.

Hansie is looked at as 'misunderstood' as well by the general public

cnerd123

likes this
This.

The scummy INC may have forgiven him, but I certainly haven't.

I remember he was on some TV show on Star Plus or something that my parents were watching, and I had to inform them about what a scumbag he was.

My dad is actually a cricket fan and remembered Azhar getting accused of fixing, but thought he was just dropped and nothing came of it. I had to go through the wiki page with them and tell them how he and Jadeja were banned for life, only to randomly have that ban lifted a few years later.

It's disgraceful. But so typical of India.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The **** made me support opponent teams over India in that period. It took a Prince of Kolkata to undo the damage he did to Indian cricket. Cant ever forgive the cheat to be honest.

Kirkut

International Regular
On the hindsight, I've never been a fan of biopics. It's correct to admire a specific group of individuals who have excelled in their art to the point putting them few tiers above the average audience, but a biopic based on them is like promoting narcissism.

vcs

Never liked him all that much even before the charges, even though he'd play a gorgeous innings every now and then.

Loved watching him in the field though.. one of the rare Indian players who seemed to enjoy it and naturally excel at it. Weird when you think about it that match-fixing took away the two Indian best fielders of that generation in Azhar and Jadeja.

Last edited: