• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RIP Tony Cozier

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Seriously sad. Being a big Lara fan meant over the years, I got to hear his commentary the most. A very passionate supporter of the Windies, a wonderful commentator and a man who knew how to be supportive of his side without being biased (something everyone should learn in this day and age).. RIP :(

YorksLanka

International Debutant
very sad on hearing of TC's passing.. Was an excellent commentator who will be missed by the cricket family..RIP

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Such terrible news to wake up to. Over the years, with the emergence of Youtube and as I find myself watching old favourite clips over and over again, or finding other gems, I have come to appreciate the use of language in commentary that makes that moment even more special. Benaud, Lawry, and Cozier are the ones whose words I find myself going over and over again, as half the fun of those moments is what these gentleman had to say about them.

Rest In Peace Sir

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have always imagined him going "Oh dear, another four" while commentating on a random T20 game.

Was missed, will be missed.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The voice of the soundtrack of my youth.

Absolute legend and all class.

A true giant of the game and I will miss hearing and seeing him.

RIP Mr Cozier.