• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft thread:XI's total sum of test batting averages no great than 250 runs(flexible)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll finish my XI too since Slifer has slightly less than what my pick costs. Great early Era Aussie all rounder George Giffen for 23.55.
Great pick in this draft. I would have taken him if i'd thought of him. Was a genuine top order batsman and very handy bowler.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great pick in this draft. I would have taken him if i'd thought of him. Was a genuine top order batsman and very handy bowler.
Yeah, I wanted someone who was a genuine batsman instead of a more bits and pieces player. Makes the batting depth look a lot better.

Some very surprising non picks in this draft : Andrew Flintoff, CK Nayudu, Pelham Warner, Warwick Armstrong, Archie Maclaren, Salim Durani. I seriously considered all of them at some point and felt some teams here would've benefited a lot from having them in the lineup.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Total Ave 249.8 just for fun.

01. Vinoo Mankad
02. Trevor Goddard
03. Ali Bacher
04. Viv Richards
05. Nawab of Pataudi snr
06. Victor Richardson
07. Godfrey Evans
08. Malcolm Marshall
09. Sydney Barnes
10. Glenn McGrath
11. Courtney Walsh

12th Salim Durani

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, I wanted someone who was a genuine batsman instead of a more bits and pieces player. Makes the batting depth look a lot better.

Some very surprising non picks in this draft : Andrew Flintoff, CK Nayudu, Pelham Warner, Warwick Armstrong, Archie Maclaren, Salim Durani. I seriously considered all of them at some point and felt some teams here would've benefited a lot from having them in the lineup.
Yeah I was debating whether to go 3 30ish players or 50ish and a real cheapy. Decent names you've mentioned for teams that went the mid tier bat route

anil1405

International Captain

Add Lance Gibbs to that list.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but there's a surplus of bowlers here so that's atleast understandable.

Also, no one picked Maurice Tate. What.
At a batting average of 25... starts becoming to expensive for a fast baller in this draft even at 7... I wanted Peter Pollock at 21 (who did not get picked) but messed my counting up...