• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft thread:XI's total sum of test batting averages no great than 250 runs(flexible)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Brendon McCullum- 38.64

Red Hill XI

Farohk Engineer +
Geoff Marsh
Graeme Hick
-
Michael Bevan
Brendon McCullum *
-
-
Andy Roberts
Michael Holding
Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Bradman was a massive fan.

I dunno how 48 is expensive. It's his average and he was a great IMO.

From memory Fred includes him in his ATG Aust team, and there's no reason for him not to be considered at 4 or 5.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
@MrMister I can see your point but I think you are underestimating what an extra 5-runs can give you in this draft....

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Collie Smith 31.69
Great pick. I've been thinking of him the past 3 rounds or so. Everything I read about him makes me think you've just picked a guy who would have averaged low 40s not 30s if his career wasn't cut tragically short.

I had 3 different paths to take with my remaining picks, now down to 2.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I'm taking Brian Close. Unfortunately I didn't think of him earlier and so have to shuffle the batting order a bit. (25.34)

(Schearzie)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With a longish tail I think that I need a keeper who knows how to handle a bat..

Adam Gilchrist

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Viv and Gilly in same team sounds so awesome.
Yep it would be very cool. I'm tempted a bit to bat Gilly at 4 just so they do get a chance to bat regularly together. I'm really happy to have 7 ATGs and an ATG captain. Fair to say that my remaining picks won't be of the same class.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm out at the moment, if someone else could put up the round order that'd be good. On my phone atm. I choose Kapil Dev

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
AldoRaine18: Sir Don Bradman, Dennis Lillee, Fred Spofforth, Subhash Gupte, Jack Cowie, Jack Mason, Dick Pilling, Stan McCabe (41.92 runs remaining)
AndrewB: George Lohmann, Fred Grace, Learie Constantine, Waqar Younis, Gilbert Jessop, Garry Sobers, Colin "Charlie" Blythe, Wally Grout (107.32 runs remaining)
anil1405: Curtly Ambrose, Courtney Walsh, Richard Hadlee, Richie Benaud, Fred Morley, Keith Miller, Sir Jack Hobbs, Ken Meuleman (83.05 runs remaining)
mr_mister: WG Grace, Bert Ironmonger, Trevor Goddard, Wasim Akram, Frank Tyson, Godfrey Evans, Frank Woolley, Kapil Dev (58.45 runs remaining)
NUFAN: Bill O'Reilly, Allan Donald, Fred Trueman, Mike Brearley, Viv Richards, Alan Davidson, Jim Laker, Adam Gilchrist (53.32 runs remaining)
OverratedSanity: Victor Trumper, Neil Adcock, Brett Schultz, Ray Lindwall, Brian Lara, Sachin Tendulkar, Gavin Hamilton, Jack Saunders (73.88 runs remaining)
Red Hill: Michael Holding, Michael Bevan, Geoff Marsh, Bhagwath Chandrasekhar, Graeme Hick, Andy Roberts, Farohk Engineer, Brendon McCullum (53.92 runs remaining)
The Battlers Prince (previously known as Schearzie): Glenn McGrath, Jack Iverson, Mike Procter, Joel Garner, Mark Waugh, Monty Noble, Jonty Rhodes, Brian Close (71.58 runs remaining)
slifer: Muttiah Muralitharan, Dale Steyn, Bruce Reid, Alec Bedser, Bob Taylor, Ian Botham, Sherwin Campbell, Collie Smith(90.93 runs remaining)
stphndbsn: Jimmy Cook, Arthur Shrewsbury, JJ Ferris, Peter Kirsten, Mike Gatting, Nawab of Pataudi, Wilfred Rhodes, Charles Marriott (71 runs remaining)
weldone: Sydney Barnes, Shane Warne, Malcolm Marshall, Don Tallon, James Anderson, Mark Ramprakash, Abdul Razzaq, Grant Flower (92.84 runs remaining)

Round 9
OverratedSanity
The Battlers Prince (previously known as Schearzie):
NUFAN
AldoRaine
stphndbsn
anil1405
weldone
mr_mister
AndrewB
Red Hill
Slifer

All complaints to MrMr... please check your team and numbers.