• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One more. Greatest Limited Overs All-Rounder ever, 32 man comp, nomination thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the batting one actually felt a little boring... i dunno why but i'm gonna do what someone suggest and randomise each round right up until the final 4, then randomise that too! we might get 2 ATGs up against each other in round 1. too bad! I'm keen for some random carnage

Ten noms per user, once every 24 hours, 5 noms to qualify

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This should actually be far tighter than the other battles. Marshall, Viv, Sobers (in the test AR tournament) were all runaway favourites. There's no real consensus no.1 on CW in this field as far as I know.

mr_mister

yeah i think hadlee/botham/dev/imran will perform suprisingly bad. botham's stats especially suck ass.

so its probably the best run to try this 'randomise every round' method on

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll get some obvious noms out of the way

Andrew Flintoff
Lance Klusener
Sanath Jayasuriya
Shaun Pollock
Shane Watson

mr_mister

i'll do the opposite and name some roughies who probs wont make the cut for the final 32 lol(except for steve who probably is an outside chance at making the final 8)

steve waugh
mark waugh
grant flower
sourav ganguly
aravinda de silva

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Watson
Sanath Jayasuriya
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Jacques Kallis
Kapil Dev
Andrew Flintoff
Abdur Razzaq

8 noms. Keeping 2 slots for later.

smash84

The Tiger King
nominate hadlee/botham/dev/imran if they haven't already

Imran's stats are pretty good for the format, although he wasn't as good in this format. Was pretty solid though and can be a consderation for the 2nd or 3rd XI

harsh.ag

Kapil
Watto
Klusener
Symonds
Flintoff
Kallis
Jayasuriya
Pollock
Razzaq
Afridi
Shakib
Imran

Collingwood
Yuvraj
Hooper

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Simon O'Donnell
Neil Johnson
Gavin Hamilon
Elton Chigumbura
Shahid Afridi
Yuvraj Singh
Chris Harris
Roger Harper
Mahmudullah
James Faulkner

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Watson
Sanath Jayasuriya
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Jacques Kallis
Kapil Dev
Andrew Flintoff
Abdur Razzaq

8 noms. Keeping 2 slots for later.
Shakib al-Hasan
Shahid Afridi

Finishing up 10 nominations

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Azhar Mahmood
Dwayne Bravo
Yuvraj Singh
Shahid Afridi
Roger Harper
Lance Klusener
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Symonds
Chris Cairns
Phil Simmons

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with the prediction that this will be a much closer tournament than the ATG ODI batsman one. Potentially lots of players over the years all have a genuine claim to this title & I couldn't pick a favourite even if I tried.

Another tournament I would like to see would be an ATG ODI fieldsman comp, which I would imagine to be another close one.

mr_mister

There's such a wide variety of noms that only 2 people have made it to 5 so far lol

Qualified so far for the final 32:

Flintoff
Klusener

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Kapil
Watson
Symonds
Pollock
Shakib
Gilchrist
Jayasuriya