• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who was your player of the tournament of the u 19

Who is the man of the tournament for the u19

• Enamul Haque jnr(Bangladesh)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shikhar Dhawan(India)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Tariq Mahmood(Pakistan)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Tim Bresnan(England)

• Riaz Afrdi(Pakistan)

• Mansoor Amjad(Pakistan)

• Salman Qadir(Pakistan)

• Alastair Cook(England)

• Xavier Marshall(WI)

• Khalid Latif(Pakistan)

• Nafis Iqbal(Bangladesh)

• Other

• Total voters

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Who was your player of the tournament of the u 19
My vote would go to Dhawan after his excellent performances and making 505 runs in 7 matches.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Riaz Afridi has played very well but it will have to go to Dhawan, gone are the days that the coach had to fight for him to play domestic cricket.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I never said I didn't - but I don't bowl fast!!

Seriously, how can he get that far, chucking?

And it's obvious, too!!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
From a biased point of view, i thought Keagan Africa was the best SA player....

Although it was hard to look past Dhawan and Alistair Cook... both looked very good..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhawan was undoubtedly the player of the tourney.

Regarding the legality of Pakistan actions, I didn't get to observe Afridi's very much (was watching the ball go to the boundary :D). but Mahmood appears to have a suspect action. That said, I'm not sold on Matthew's action either.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Regarding the legality of Pakistan actions, I didn't get to observe Afridi's very much (was watching the ball go to the boundary :D) but Mahmood appears to have a suspect action. That said, I'm not sold on Matthew's action either.
Mahmood definitely chucks, and Afridi chucks worse.

Regarding Matthew, I didn't think there was too much wrong with him when I saw him.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Dhawan for me to......certainly one to look out for.
As for the biggest disapointment of the tournament , Id have to stay Stiff from England , I heard alot of hype before the tournament & he really didnt do much at all.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Tariq for me but i am not sure whether his action will be allowed in future. He almost has all the variations of Murali already :O . Dhawan batted well but didn't look that good against good bowlers. Ramdin of WI impressed me very much too and he could very well come in place of Jacobs when he retires

Tom Halsey

International Coach
IMO Murali and Harbhajan chuck from the professional game.

2 people!! :P

Although I am still not sold on Croft's action.

:)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And seeing as the experts don't share your opinion on either that gives you a 0% success rate.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I did not use the naked eye.

Sky put the slo-mo on them, which proved they both chuck, although Afridi is more blatant.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
I did not use the naked eye.

Sky put the slo-mo on them, which proved they both chuck, although Afridi is more blatant.
I don't trust your opinion on anything...

Dhawan I reckon - can't argue with those numbers.

So, who were the most recent team to beat the U19 World Champions?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Slo-mo doesn't prove anything.

The scientists who analyse from several angles at once do.