• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

Peaceful5583

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
57 for 0
98 / 4
Cook 52 not out

Srilanka really bowl brilliant today.I think ends of Feeble Compton, I can not see good future for Vince coz test cricket is different ball game.England need Hugh change in batting line up vs Pakistan
Johnny Barstow just dropped off Pradeep
15 off 15 not out

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
So many uncertainties in England's battingineup now. Hales has played a couple of impressive innings but some of his dismissals have been atrocious, Compton 's career looks over, Vince hasn't done too much, Root is awesome but has conversion issues which, if the rest of the lineup is as unsettled as it is, is a big problem... Pakistan are going to push England really really hard imo. If Amir doesn't wilt under the pressure, I fully expect them to win one test, at the very least.
Yeah the batting looks rough. It's ridiculous how often our bowlers bail them out at home, so I'm still confident.

Is going to massively hinge on how Amir copes.

Peaceful5583

97 short of 100
He promised to Mayanti Langer during World cup '' he says I can makes test 100 easily between session at Lords"
Mrs Langer is wife of Indian all rounder Stuart Binny, she is TV anchor of Starsports,mumbai india.

Rf
77 short of root 's 100

Last edited:

Peaceful5583

I think Amir good in LIMITED FORMAT only but for Multiday day game he is not much effective, but I think Mohammad Asif was the best test bowler who missed selection despite great performances in
Domestic season 2015/16 in Pakistan

Peaceful5583

Hearth 10 runs in 7th over and @ wicket, great spell.
dropped catch really hurt SL here.England batting line up looks horrible without Jos buttler and stokes

Groundking

International Debutant
Hearth 10 runs in 7th over and @ wicket, great spell.
dropped catch really hurt SL here.England batting line up looks horrible without Jos buttler and stokes
Buttler never did a great deal test wise. We just need somebody with form from county to come in a take his chance by the horns like Bairstow did last year, and cement either 3 or 5 as his spot, after that is becomes a lot easier, as we had 2 unbelievably good bats in Root and Cook, and Hales has looked a lot more promising this series, so he should get the Pakistan series, and then he just needs to keep battling through making scores. If he does that and somebody comes in (Robson) at 3 or 5 and nails it we'll only have one question mark IMO.

Peaceful5583

Buttler never did a great deal test wise. We just need somebody with form from county to come in a take his chance by the horns like Bairstow did last year, and cement either 3 or 5 as his spot, after that is becomes a lot easier, as we had 2 unbelievably good bats in Root and Cook, and Hales has looked a lot more promising this series, so he should get the Pakistan series, and then he just needs to keep battling through making scores. If he does that and somebody comes in (Robson) at 3 or 5 and nails it we'll only have one question mark IMO.
Stokes will return plus Burnham or Ballance could solves nagging problem.

Compton

International Debutant
Ballance getting a call up anytime soon would be a sickener for anyone even remotely in form in CC.

Borthwick has to play vs Pakistan now.

91Jmay

International Coach
Borthwick will come in for Pakistan, he'd be ideal player to do it given his overs might be useful in India in the winter.

91Jmay

International Coach
Sigh, the conversion rates of our best batsmen is so bad compared to other teams. Need absolute minimum 300 from here.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good bowling from Pradeep there. Cook misses out on a deserved ton.

Somehow we need to get 350. Would take 300 right now though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Reckon a counter attack in last session would be best way to go. We seem to be letting them bowl at us a bit (and they've bowled excellently to be fair).