• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
See ya Nick. No one can argue he has been hard done by at all. 8 Test matches, a couple of scores of note + some hideous dismissals. Borthers Borthwick in for Pakistan.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to see calls (albeit Cricinfo comments) for Hales to be dropped. That was a bad dismissal, and I'm not absolutely convinced by him yet, but he's scored 80s in his last two matches. Surely he's earned a few more chances.

flibbertyjibber

Surprised to see calls (albeit Cricinfo comments) for Hales to be dropped. That was a bad dismissal, and I'm not absolutely convinced by him yet, but he's scored 80s in his last two matches. Surely he's earned a few more chances.
Well some people are ******s, we should know that from the standard of comments you usually get on cricinfo.

91Jmay

International Coach
Root probably regretting not converting some of those 70s into hundreds right about now. Great review to be fair.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I think that has sealed Compton's fate. Borthwick must be next surely, his spin may be an asset in the winter too. As for Hales, I think he needs to put that one down to experience, remember that dismissal when you are thinking about heaving a spinner out of the park on his second ball. Middle order rescue required once again!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a horrible half hour or so. Sri Lanka were terrific straight after the drinks break though, absolutely no let up from them. Hales played a horror shot but it was the three dead straight overs from Mathews that provoked it. They got their lines perfect and we just seemed to crumble rather than trying to play out good bowling.

91Jmay

International Coach
Mathews bowled well but there was balls that Hales could have worked into gaps rather than leave. He is too block or slog still for my liking.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
He is but it was tactically good stuff to Hales. Bringing on spin after tying him down was good thinking, it seems like they'd learnt from how he's got out playing unnecessarily big shots in the series, only they stopped him from getting the 80 first.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, Hales would have been better off throwing his hands at Mathews I think. Plenty of stuff in his half.

OverratedSanity

So many uncertainties in England's battingineup now. Hales has played a couple of impressive innings but some of his dismissals have been atrocious, Compton 's career looks over, Vince hasn't done too much, Root is awesome but has conversion issues which, if the rest of the lineup is as unsettled as it is, is a big problem... Pakistan are going to push England really really hard imo. If Amir doesn't wilt under the pressure, I fully expect them to win one test, at the very least.